Kraton Highest C rating Battery you can run on Kraton, Talion, Outcast etc?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are no manufacturers that produce more than a REAL 65C 6s LiPo.
It is all marketing fluff above that. If you saw 2 batteries one said 50C and the other said 75C.... you would buy the 75C if the price was good right?!? That is exactly why manufacturers started big fat lies about their C ratings.

SMC admits that they don't output 150C but they have batteries with 150C marked on it....

I can tell you when I had the 96mph Kraton setup (stock electronics with 74c Turnigy Panther 6s) the ESC was hitting Amperage cut off /limiting because it wouldn't handle the power the motor was asking for and the battery was delivering.

The highest output batteries I have tried are Turnigy Graphene Panthers.

-Liberty

So I guess a more accurate question is, what company is the most accurate and truthful about the c ratings on their batteries? I'm looking at getting a few more and would like to try something different.

So I guess a more accurate question is, what company is the most accurate and truthful about the c ratings on their batteries? I'm looking at getting a few more and would like to try something different.

There have been a few discussions on this and different people have their favorites. Turnigy was tested to have the highest output over 300amps (Way more than our ESCs can use)
They rate their new Panther line at 75C which is probably stretching the truth a bit (more like 65c)
Their Heavy duty line is solid and budget friendly. Their 60c packs have more punch than any stock electronics needs.
(60c * 5000mAh = 300,000 and 300,000 / 1000 = 300amps if the C-rating is true)

I had set a record as the worlds 2nd fastest 8s X-Maxx quite some time ago with some Turnigy Heavy duty 40c LiPos (that record has since been beat)

I want to give CNHL a try next time I purchase LiPos because they seem to be honest and powerful. I know someone that did 144mph with their 65c Black series 6s LiPo in a Arrma Limitless.

-Liberty

There have been a few discussions on this and different people have their favorites. Turnigy was tested to have the highest output over 300amps (Way more than our ESCs can use)
They rate their new Panther line at 75C which is probably stretching the truth a bit (more like 65c)
Their Heavy duty line is solid and budget friendly. Their 60c packs have more punch than any stock electronics needs.
(60c * 5000mAh = 300,000 and 300,000 / 1000 = 300amps if the C-rating is true)

I had set a record as the worlds 2nd fastest 8s X-Maxx quite some time ago with some Turnigy Heavy duty 40c LiPos (that record has since been beat)

I want to give CNHL a try next time I purchase LiPos because they seem to be honest and powerful. I know someone that did 144mph with their 65c Black series 6s LiPo in a Arrma Limitless.

-Liberty
Thank you. I'll look into them.

I just got a kraton 6s v5. I have (2) 3s 9000mah 120c batteries now and wonder can I safely use these together in the kraton 6s? They do fit.

I just got a kraton 6s v5. I have (2) 3s 9000mah 120c batteries now and wonder can I safely use these together in the kraton 6s? They do fit.
Yes. Read above. 9000mah packs will give a very long run time though, so watch your motor and ESC temps closely. And welcome to the forum.

I'll be using both at once so 18000 mah 3s in kraton. So both at once is safe?
I appreciate your time. My 1st rc car
I put them in together. It sounds different when it starts. Sound is likee when you blow a speaker. So the beeps sound distorted. However, it runs great so that's good. I orders 2) 6s 10000 mah 120c batteries
But wanted to run it! Just got it last night

Last edited:
Yup, you should be good. Check your gear mesh before you run it and the wheel nuts as well. Check fasteners too, especially motor mount. Have fun!

I'll have to look up gear mesh as I don't know what that is yet. Thank you!
Headed to the park.
Great pic BTW. The dude

Come back to the forum after your run and we can walk you through a few things, and give you some links. Make sure to storage charge your lipos after you’re done.

Thank you, was a blast. One of the wheelie bar wheels fell off. Can't believe I found it! Thinking I'll use some lock tight or something to hold it on better. Runs great
Tons of power.

Hey guys,

Was doing some research and found the higher the C rating the more discharge.

I've been running a 50C vs. 60C battery on my Kraton and found that its always more explosive harder hitting with the 60C battery.

Its almost like a couple of EXTRA punch settings.

I've seen these 75C batterys on ebay... and bashers like
RC DUDE81 running 75C's.

What's the max C-rating battery you've run?
The more C, the better.
Can never have TOO much C. Hopefully Legit C. Not marketting hyped up BS C labling.
Unless your wallet says otherwise, go as high as you can.:giggle:

Come back to the forum after your run and we can walk you through a few things, and give you some links. Make sure to storage charge your lipos after you’re done.
Is it possible to upgrade the servo enough to do standing backflips with the kraton 6s?
I've seen notorious do it but it sits differently. I put punch setting up to 9 and it will flip onto its back lol.

I'll be using both at once so 18000 mah 3s in kraton. So both at once is safe?
I appreciate your time. My 1st rc car
I put them in together. It sounds different when it starts. Sound is likee when you blow a speaker. So the beeps sound distorted. However, it runs great so that's good. I orders 2) 6s 10000 mah 120c batteries
But wanted to run it! Just got it last night
Just to clarify, if you are running your 2 3s packs in the Kraton you are running them in series, not parallel.

Running 2 of the same batteries in series doubles the voltage, but capacity remains the same.
Running them in parallel doubles capacity, but voltage stays the same.

Meaning you are essentially running one 6s Lipo with 9000mah.

Is it possible to upgrade the servo enough to do standing backflips with the kraton 6s?
I've seen notorious do it but it sits differently. I put punch setting up to 9 and it will flip onto its back lol.

The servo is for steering only, it’s irrelevant to doing standing backflips.

Your Servo has absolutely nothing to do with how the car sits and its potential to Wheelie and BF.......:LOL:
Careful with BF's and wheelies. Better have your diffs and drivetrain dialed well enough first. The Novelty will also wear off quickly.
Yeah the K6 can wheelie. Easy with all that Punch. Or your wallet may not be happy with you. Notorious chassis is 2 inches shorter and is why the front lifts more easily. Has nothing to do with the way the both "Sit". I keep punch at the Default and still can wheelie with my Kraton when I want. Which is far from often. It's all about the proper Gearing/Pinion size.
I have both of these rigs.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back