Kraton Highest C rating Battery you can run on Kraton, Talion, Outcast etc?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AustinKraton

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hey guys,

Was doing some research and found the higher the C rating the more discharge.

I've been running a 50C vs. 60C battery on my Kraton and found that its always more explosive harder hitting with the 60C battery.

Its almost like a couple of EXTRA punch settings.

I've seen these 75C batterys on ebay... and bashers like
RC DUDE81 running 75C's.

What's the max C-rating battery you've run?

Attachments

• s-l500 (1).jpg
    s-l500 (1).jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 131

There isn't a maximum. The C rating is just for saying how much power the battery can provide maximum. The motor and esc will only pull the power that it needs. The only thing to look for is that you are above the minimum.

The way I understand it is the C rating is how the battery discharges. I relate electricity to water to understand. Think of the battery as a backyard pool. The mAh is the size of the pool and the C rate is the drain hose. Bigger hose, faster flow, and less drain time. Everything else being the same a 75C battery will discharge faster and sooner than a 50C LiPo. The ESC creates the need so will only draw what it needs from the Lipo.

The way I understand it is the C rating is how the battery discharges. I relate electricity to water to understand. Think of the battery as a backyard pool. The mAh is the size of the pool and the C rate is the drain hose. Bigger hose, faster flow, and less drain time. Everything else being the same a 75C battery will discharge faster and sooner than a 50C LiPo. The ESC creates the need so will only draw what it needs from the Lipo.
The 75C battery is CAPABLE of discharging faster and sooner than a 50C LiPo. With everything being the same, it won't. Just making up numbers but if the 75C max amp load is 75amps and the 50C battery is 50 amps and you pull on each battery with a continuous 50 amp load, they will drain at the same rate. If you pull on them with a continuous 75 amp load, the 75C battery will drain faster than it did with the 50 amp load while the 50C battery will be restricting the ESC to only 50 amps, so it will last longer.......assuming that it doesn't overheat and explode from trying to pull too much from it.

I use a SMC, 6S 5000mah 90C battery as well, it's the only one I bought so I have nothing to compare it to. I can tell you after running the car hard, nonstop until the car turns off, the battery is only mildly warm. It seems like great quality so far for a $95 price tag.

They are right, No max just keep mind of weight. The larger the MAH and C rating is, the larger and heavier the pack. I like to run 4500-5200 maximum MAH with either 50-75C. In 6s packs that is. The More C rating you have, the more amps the battery can provide faster under load. (Meaning the lipo will provide the current needed under heavy throttle pending on gearing etc..) If not, it could trigger LVC to the ESC or damage your pack. So a 5200mah x75C will be 390 amps that is available for the power system. The higher the C the better. A 5200 mah 100c is 520 amps etc. It's a good idea to run at least 50C in the blx system just to protect the lipo and have the power needed for the system. If you for instance have hot, puffy lipo's, you may need to increase the C rating. Hope that helped! :cool:? Also the Powerhobby packs are all I run! They are killer packs for the money and they have compacted cells that makes a smaller lighter weight battery.

Many batteries also have a maximum burst discharge. For example, my gensacearespammers 3s 5000 mAh 50c battery, has a maximum burst discharge of 100c. This effectively means, when I peg the throttle, the batteries can supply a short burst of extra power. Most batteries have a maximum burst spec.

Some lipo manufacturers inflate the true numbers on C ratings and do not admit it. It's a ploy to get you to buy the latest and greatest. Like Maxamps with there true 150C rating disclaimer. My motto is buy from a well known company thats been around for awhile with good feedback from people that actually run their product like racers.

Many batteries also have a maximum burst discharge. For example, my gensacearespammers 3s 5000 mAh 50c battery, has a maximum burst discharge of 100c. This effectively means, when I peg the throttle, the batteries can supply a short burst of extra power. Most batteries have a maximum burst spec.

I did not know about the burst discharge.
Added this gensacearespammers recently and although only 45c on the battery the specs say it does have a burst rate of 90c. Really liking this batter so far for performance and price.

gensacearespammers 6S 5000mAh 45C 22.2V

Hi Guys. I don't pay much attention to c ratings because there's no industry standard for the manufacturer. I could take a dump in a box and label it 90C. I look at internal resistance to give me an idea how the battery will perform. I believe most batteries are in the 20 to 25c range with a few exceptions.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back