Kraton Highest quality pinions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spence

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi all, I noticed crappy pinions lead to the fast destruction of spur gears. So, I just picked up a tekno rc pinion gear that was a decent price, looks pretty nice.... Robinson racing pinion gears surprisingly aren't good, they are super soft! I bought one of these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tekno-Rc-M5-Pinion-Gear-14T-Mod1-5Mm-Bore-M5-Set-Screw-Tkr4174-SCT410-EB48-2/182289077667?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Hopefully I'll have better luck with this pinion? The pinion quality is crucial. Maybe I didn't get the xtra hard ones?

Thanks
-Spence
P.S.
happy the lawsuit (I heard) isn't taking down arrma, still bummed about the nero and nero big rock tho.

Last edited:
I've only had experience with the stock pinion and now a 15 tooth Tekno. I've been impressed with it so far and will probably be my go to from now on when it comes to pinions

Cool guys, I just figured since tekno is so well known for driveline parts I thought I would give their pinions a try lol :D

Strange that the RRP didn't hold up for you. I run RRP on my stampede against a plastic spur, but I also run RRP on my savage flux which is a steel spur and it's probably quite a bit heavier than the Arrma trucks. It's also the narrow HPI steel spur that is similar to the center diff spurs on the Aarma's. It's been holding up fine for 8 months or so.

I use RR, Tekno, and just picked up some sagacustomrc pinions for my leopard 5892 1340kv 8mm bore for xmaxx project.

You have to buy the hardened RR pinions 12XX with XX being teeth you want. Although I did just shred one because it came loose on the motor shaft and mis-aligned with the spur that seems fine still.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back