Senton highly recommended or necessary Senton V2 upgrades?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

builthatch

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
i am not really an RTR guy until recently so i don't mind getting into the truck (tearing into, rather) if i need to since i don't have the luxury of building it as a kit.

what are the top recommended upgrades that this truck really needs? i can guess rebuilding the diffs is probably up there. i have never had a center diff SC but my baseline for SC is 30k front, 10k rear.

i see there are some other threads for the other Arrma vehicles about this very topic but i didn't catch one about the Senton.

i don't jump my trucks off ramps and crash into curbs but i do run them fast and on various surfaces. worst stress is probably BMX track sort of thing but without trying to do anything dramatic. just getting around the track fast.

i figured out the tire thing. kinda odd that SC wheels for this are so few and far between. the bare stock wheels are discontinued, so it looks like it's pretty much the couple DE zero offset 17mm 2.2/3.0 wheels that are out there - def not interested in 1/8 buggy wheels/tires.

thanks.

As for wheels, many run the Durtrax Lockups and a very happy with them. You can get them in a black spokes or white dish version, depending on your preference. Note, these are not an on-road tire.

Bumper upgrades are a good idea, but don't do it until you destroy your stock ones - just be aware that day will come. I'm running T'bone in the front and I did manage to destroy one - it has a lifetime warranty and t'bone honored this without fuss. My rear has popped off the bolts that attach it at the bottom, but with some creative drill work and some nicely sized washers I am squeezing a little more life out of it. It is on borrowed time however.

Shimming of the diffs is an absolute must. Don't forget to shim the outer also - see vids:

Shimming the diffs in this way, as the video states, will make them bullet proof. I'm 60 packs through my Senton and yet to kill a diff. I did kill a diff crown and pinion, but this was before I had an outer shim and since installing one, I've had zero dramas.

Having a stockpile of bearings is a good idea also - they do die from time to time, but it's no big deal if you catch them. I have found -

http://plaig.com.au/shop/?gclid=Cj0...0UXbEmGwbhrdeCgsWvdPDEf7t4HoOsmIaAm24EALw_wcB

- to be legendary to deal with, but I'm in Aus so you may need to look elsewhere. Good to have spares for every spot on your car, I have found these - 15x21x4mm - are the ones that die most often. Very cheap - if you kill one or have one that's not spinning freely, just swap it out. If they fully seize - especially the bearings running out of any of your diff inputs or outputs - your performance will suffer, and your drivetrain will too.

I've managed to kill a servo too - got the same again from Arrma/Tower no questions asked. I was close to 50 packs through when it failed so I can't complain, and I got a replacement for free so again, I can't complain.

I've found the truck to be extremely strong and capable, and in my opinion upgrade only when you break things. I've been through lots of wheels and bearings but is about it - Senton is S T R O N G ! Senton is F A S T !

Senton is your friend!

Also at the BMX track don't be scared to take your Senton over the jumps. Just go slow - it almost flies itself. Like you, I never had the mind to get airborne, I just wanted to drift like a madman and go really fast. I did this at a BMX track, occasionally accidentally hit a jump, and almost by pure fluke she flew and flew well. Start slow - just roll over those jumps, and add just tiny tiny bits of speed... your senton is made for it!

Also rebuild you shocks when you get around to it - it's the right thing to do -

Enjoy your toy!!!!!!

@builthatch first off I would highly recommend getting the aluminum servo mount from either @gregmbrandt or @Voltage Hobbies. This will not only eliminate any flex in the stock mount but will also extend the life of your servo due to it not flexing.

I'd also suggest checking out getting some chassis braces from @gregmbrandt as well.

Also at the BMX track don't be scared to take your Senton over the jumps. Just go slow - it almost flies itself. Like you, I never had the mind to get airborne, I just wanted to drift like a madman and go really fast. I did this at a BMX track, occasionally accidentally hit a jump, and almost by pure fluke she flew and flew well. Start slow - just roll over those jumps, and add just tiny tiny bits of speed... your senton is made for it!

Hmm, looks like I'm a bit different in these things, lol

I tend to start full throttle and then adjust till I hit the sweet spot to go over a jump fluently :)

A trivial upgrade to strengthen the side cage would be to do this...
senton issue upgrade_zpsuqa7zgng.JPG

there's also a mod i found on youtube, of someone making a solid spool to replace the center diff...really neat idea!

And finally, i just remembered this...at the contact point of the dogbone/cups, you can spray dry lube with teflon to decrease friction and possibly add a bit more speed while extending the life of that area.

As for wheels, many run the Durtrax Lockups and a very happy with them. You can get them in a black spokes or white dish version, depending on your preference. Note, these are not an on-road tire.

Bumper upgrades are a good idea, but don't do it until you destroy your stock ones - just be aware that day will come. I'm running T'bone in the front and I did manage to destroy one - it has a lifetime warranty and t'bone honored this without fuss. My rear has popped off the bolts that attach it at the bottom, but with some creative drill work and some nicely sized washers I am squeezing a little more life out of it. It is on borrowed time however.

Shimming of the diffs is an absolute must. Don't forget to shim the outer also - see vids:

Shimming the diffs in this way, as the video states, will make them bullet proof. I'm 60 packs through my Senton and yet to kill a diff. I did kill a diff crown and pinion, but this was before I had an outer shim and since installing one, I've had zero dramas.

Having a stockpile of bearings is a good idea also - they do die from time to time, but it's no big deal if you catch them. I have found -

http://plaig.com.au/shop/?gclid=Cj0...0UXbEmGwbhrdeCgsWvdPDEf7t4HoOsmIaAm24EALw_wcB

- to be legendary to deal with, but I'm in Aus so you may need to look elsewhere. Good to have spares for every spot on your car, I have found these - 15x21x4mm - are the ones that die most often. Very cheap - if you kill one or have one that's not spinning freely, just swap it out. If they fully seize - especially the bearings running out of any of your diff inputs or outputs - your performance will suffer, and your drivetrain will too.

I've managed to kill a servo too - got the same again from Arrma/Tower no questions asked. I was close to 50 packs through when it failed so I can't complain, and I got a replacement for free so again, I can't complain.

I've found the truck to be extremely strong and capable, and in my opinion upgrade only when you break things. I've been through lots of wheels and bearings but is about it - Senton is S T R O N G ! Senton is F A S T !

Senton is your friend!

Also rebuild you shocks when you get around to it - it's the right thing to do -

Enjoy your toy!!!!!!

I have just got my v2 senton and i cant wait to get my shimming skills ready.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back