Kraton Hinge Pin Supports

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

No-Idea113

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
I've got a handful of runs on my new Kraton 8s EXB with no issues and now I'm looking at swapping out the ear arms for some RPM ones so I can run the RPM mud guards. I'm bailing grass with the driveshafts and packing the shafts with grit otherwise. Hopefully they will help, I know the Arrma Stone guards up front seem too.

Anyway one of those "since I'm going to be in there" kind of things I was looking at the hinge pin supports and possibly picking up some non-plastic pieces.
I see Arrma has some new 'EXB' ones and m2c has had theirs for awhile. In looking at them the, what Arrma calls the front front (m2c calls 'A') and the rear rear (m2c 'D') don't seem to really change. Is there something I am missing on the additional $40 to replace those with likely the exact same thing just not red and maybe 7075 vs 6061 which shouldn't make a difference in this use case? Other than what looks like a deeper countersunk hole pair I am not seeing a visual difference.

Anyway, what I'm getting at is can I just get the m2c 'B' and 'C' blocks and save some coin? Or the Arrma EXB ARA330646 and ARA330647 equivalents, although I am much more inclined to give the business to a South Carolina shop vs overseas, despite the lack of matching anodizing.

The issues do seem to be with those 'B' and 'C' blocks breaking around the insert and also leading to pulled threads in the gearboxes, not from the 'A' and 'D' blocks. Or am I missing something.

Pictures stolen from the internet showing the front front 'A' and rear rear 'D'

DSC_1930_1024x1024.jpg

m2c-3286-arrma-8s-a-block.jpg

m2c-3286-arrma-8s-a-block.jpg

Buy all 4 from M2C, that will solve your matching anodizing issue.😆
I‘m going to de-anodize my shocks soon, the last bit of red metal on this rig....
Haha, honestly not even worried about that. Ha! I will be getting the 'B' and 'C'
But really just curious as to the real difference between those m2c 'A' and 'D' blocks vs the factory Arrma ones.

Haha, honestly not even worried about that. Ha! I will be getting the 'B' and 'C'
But really just curious as to the real difference between those m2c 'A' and 'D' blocks vs the factory Arrma ones.
The EXB option hangers are 7075 the standard are 6061..
I would go with M2C . I have GPM Rear C,D block and don't like it.. I Have M2C A,B block and there much better
Screenshot_20210315-191443_Chrome.jpg

Please remember not all 7075 is the same. M2c is far superior to the arrma 7075. Rich duperbash just dropped a video and broke the b block,bent hinge pin and bent the chassis, Kevin Talbot has also bent his chassis already as well.

Right. Thanks for the replies.

Are the m2c replacement A and D blocks that different than the Arrma ones to warrant the cost?
I completely understand the B and C positions are.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back