Outcast Hinge pins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robl45

Reaction score
Can I buy 4mm rod and just cut it to the size of the pins? Is there a certain type of rod that is needed?

Yea I mean I guess you could, they really are just rods. AR330381 is the part number for the rear. If I were you I would just use a micrometer or something so you can measure it perfect cause if it's a little short I beat it'll start caming out the hole and just make for unnecessary maintenance in the future. Let me know how it turns out.

Already ordered. Hopefully it works
Oh. Yeah looking at the description in the link you showed it says motor shaft and those are usually pretty stout so. You could probably make 4 pins if you just bought one pair of those pins.

Yup. 4 pins. Just not sure how I'm gonna cut it. Bolt cutter should do it but then the end gonna get crushed.

Yup. 4 pins. Just not sure how I'm gonna cut it. Bolt cutter should do it but then the end gonna get crushed.
Heavy duty reinforced cut off wheel for the dremel would be what I would try.

ugh, this is a disaster, supposed to be able to cut the rod with bolt cutters. The bolt cutter blades started to bend. Granted these are like 12 inch bolt cutters so they probably need to be bigger but this is getting to be a disaster. Next I tried the sawsall with metal blade. Its barely scratching the rod. I'm trying to see if someone has a big bolt cutter I can borrow. Honestly if I start buying tools , I might as well just buy other pins.

Disaster made better, found someone with big cutters and cut the rod. Also needed a grinder too which they also had and let me use. So I got 4 pins for less than the price of 2. But I wouldn't attempt unless you have the specialized tools to do this.

Exactly out of stock
I can't believe I posted that and they sold out that fast!! Wow. I guess I ordered the last set. It's nice to always keep spare pins. If you make your own just make sure not to bevel the end to much. I did that when I made pins for my rc18 and it aventually started lobeing out the control arm side after the knuckle and made the wheel super sloppy.

Yea, but has anyone tried it? The pins are out of stock everywhere

Havnt tried that exactly but I did use hinge pins out of a traxxas on mine. I put the stock arms back on and found the right length hinge pin. The traxxas pins are threaded only like a quarer inch past the screw head. Worked great until I got my new hinge pins then I put my rpm arms back on. I' not at home I'm on my way to the track now when I get home I will send a part number.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back