Limitless Hit my first 100mph!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oliver79

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Hit my first 100mph run. Looking forward to hitting some bigger numbers. Didn’t think speed runs would be so addictive but I’m hooked. Just running a Spektrum Firma 160 amp and 1250kv motor in the stock position. Guess I’ll see what I can get out of this set up for now and work my way up. Started 27/34 and 30/34 gearing for now and going 34/34 next. Learning as I go and getting the most info I can here. Thanks everyone. Any thoughts on going bigger pinion than spool gear on this set up?

4304B5F6-8256-45A6-9F3E-308929D5DECE.jpeg

17A2CE2F-6FA1-4710-8452-80714059998F.jpeg

F3D774EE-3012-4225-8A10-47FA4A95F5EE.jpeg

7A81EB77-BCC8-4799-A250-3109AFBD1EEF.jpeg

CFD915CC-AC95-43B6-A363-B892B24B28F7.jpeg

image.jpg

Pink looks silly, unless done right, congrats on doing it right. Let hitting that 100mph be your first great milestone.

A 27T spur will fit with a 34T pinion. But it i think you will be crossing that 160A limit of your esc. Without datalogging it's all trail and error.

Pink looks silly, unless done right, congrats on doing it right. Let hitting that 100mph be your first great milestone.

A 27T spur will fit with a 34T pinion. But it i think you will be crossing that 160A limit of your esc. Without datalogging it's all trail and error.
Thank you! Yes I was worried about that lol. I’ll have to start really keeping track of what’s going on with the esc. Temps have been good so far and no other issues but I know I’m getting into that range of pushing this esc

Keep in mind that your trigger finger @80%-100% power has great effect on your amp draw, going easy on the final sqeez will gain you a lot before overcurrent protection kicks in.
Thank you for the help. I’ll reply here after I try the 34/34 and see how it go’s.
Thank you for the help. I’ll reply here after I try the 34/34 and see how it go’s.
Hoping to get into the 120’s with this set up before having to spend a lot more $ lol

Congrats on hitting 100!! ??

My pb with that setup in my infraction is currently 117mph and it started amp limiting... then I shifted focus to my limitless. I’ll probably revisit that setup next season and see if we can better it. ?

Awesome bro ???? Best advice I can give you today is get better lipos. I picked up 7mph just buying better lipos. Either Turnigy Graphene Panthers or CNHL G Plus packs.

Congrats on the milestone dude! I just picked up a limitless last week and i have the same setup you have on yours, on mine.. I hit 72 mph yesterday and thought i was doing something until i seen your post ? Now im gonna use your trial and error to gear mine ??? Thanks bro!
Congrats on the milestone dude! I just picked up a limitless last week and i have the same setup you have on yours, on mine.. I hit 72 mph yesterday and thought i was doing something until i seen your post ? Now im gonna use your trial and error to gear mine ??? Thanks bro!
And wait... YOU DID THIS ON HOONS???? ??

Last edited:

And wait... YOU DID THIS ON HOONS???? ??
Thanks man. Congrats on the purchase. It’s been fun for sure and glad I can help. I’ll keep posted here on my progress. Just learning myself. Let me know how yours is working out. Yes still running the hoons. Going to get some foams if I change this set up.

Ive got some foams on the way but for now im using S1 and S2 composite GRP tyres. They stick pretty damn good.

Ive got some foams on the way but for now im using S1 and S2 composite GRP tyres. They stick pretty damn good.
Nice. Thought about getting some grp’s but I just don’t like that they are smaller in diameter. We’ll see how the hoons hold out for now. You still running the stock body?

Hi what paint colour is that?
Hit my first 100mph run. Looking forward to hitting some bigger numbers. Didn’t think speed runs would be so addictive but I’m hooked. Just running a Spektrum Firma 160 amp and 1250kv motor in the stock position. Guess I’ll see what I can get out of this set up for now and work my way up. Started 27/34 and 30/34 gearing for now and going 34/34 next. Learning as I go and getting the most info I can here. Thanks everyone. Any thoughts on going bigger pinion than spool gear on this set up?

View attachment 111694

View attachment 111695

View attachment 111696

View attachment 111697

View attachment 111698

View attachment 111702
Hi, what paint colour is this?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back