Limitless Hobao VTE2 splitter / shell thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

limitless202+

Very Active Member
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
  3. Limitless
  4. Senton 3s
  5. Typhon 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Vendetta
  8. Vorteks
  9. Voltage
HI everyone im back with another thread…
this one goes out to all my hobao brothas out there, i got a few questions.

1st, are there any ready to go splitters out there for the VTE2? I found one for the FC100 shell, but thats it.
https://shop.drgcustomrc.com/carbon-fiber-splitter-fc100-hobao-vte2/

2nd, do you actually need a splitter? What about diffusers? Are there any of those i should know about??

3rd, what shell do you guys think is the best for the job? The fc100 shell has great aero, but theres a ton of overhang, the 917K shell makes a ton of downforce which might be good since theres no raz wing. The jag shell doesn't really need a splitter because it is so small, theres no frontal overhang.

thanks guys

FC100 is killer as we all know.
Some guys are finding they really like the 917 but needs a ton of cutting to get it setup right.
I am digging the new WR Speed body so far. James just posted up a 201 mph video with it today.

No need for a diffuser, vwturbowolf has run without it and so has James on the VTE2.

For front splitters I do this to all my bodies now and love it.
I like to use expanding foam in the front and cut to fit. When the body pushes down the foam directly contacts the OEM bumper and suspension etc. Basically you are making a custom splitter that also supports the whole front of the body when the body wants to flex. This will support the front of the body significantly better than just a plate splitter.

1664911399594.png

1664911378171.png

1664911458892.png

1664911489798.png

Last edited:
FC100 is killer as we all know.
Some guys are finding they really like the 917 but needs a ton of cutting to get it setup right.
I am digging the new WR Speed body so far. James just posted up a 201 mph video with it today.

No need for a diffuser, vwturbowolf has run without it and so has James on the VTE2.
Yeah fc100 is the fastest shell in the world.

man I haven’t checked James‘ channel today, 201!!!
how does the jag shell do? I mean it isnt as good as the fc100, but it’s pretty close at least looks wise.
Toyota shell i feel is outdated, to much going on that doesn't help aero any.

Yeah fc100 is the fastest shell in the world.

man I haven’t checked James‘ channel today, 201!!!
how does the jag shell do? I mean it isnt as good as the fc100, but it’s pretty close at least looks wise.
Toyota shell i feel is outdated, to much going on that doesn't help aero any.
Updated my post above with some additional detail BTW.

I don't recommend either. Jag you have to scrape the front of the body or it will flip.
Toyota body just never has performed well.

Updated my post above with some additional detail BTW.

I don't recommend either. Jag you have to scrape the front of the body or it will flip.
Toyota body just never has performed well.
Looks like ford is the way to go.

toyota is too busy to work, but speaking of busy, thoughts on the prototype and the dome shell?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back