Kraton Hobbico bankruptcy-should I keep my kraton?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spence

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi guys, I heard axial is going to be saved on the hobbico side, but not sure about arrma. If arrma goes bankrupt, how will I get parts for my kraton?

Thanks
-Spence

Lol, I was referring to the lawsuit and how it may effect arrma vehicles and being able to get parts and such. I'm worried its going to take out axial, and arrma.

I think the whole thing is so dumb lol, I guess traxxas isn't happy about the pushrod suspension style that the big rock, nero, and fazon use since its similar to the erevo...

But traxxas has other ideas, I mean I support both brands, but I admit I'm more of an axial and arrma fanboy, but I am going to pickup a 2wd traxxas slash brushed for short course truck stock class racing on a budget...

Last edited:
Hobbico bankruptcy-should I keep my kraton?
No and you should immediately send me your Kraton.

Arrma isn't going anywhere, keep your Kraton and enjoy it. Besides there are plenty of other companies making parts for the Kraton that even if you couldn't get stock items there would be plenty of aftermarket items.

OK, I'll keep this short. The lawsuit has nothing to do with bankruptcy. Hobbico owes their creditors 10X the companies net worth. The restructuring will keep the money-makers like Axial, Arrma, Tactic, Futaba, the IL distribution center, & a few others. Some companies that sell the exact same product rebrands will merge. The others will be sold off.

Like @WoodiE said, keep the Kraton. There's actually enough 3rd party parts support to replace all parts on the Kraton with non-Arrma stuff except for 16, & most of those can be had with rolled steel & a grinder, or replaced by other brand parts if you know what I mean ;) Not that it would ever come to that :eek:

. . . .Now the Nero on the other hand, well, I better stockpile :(

Yeah, what they said.

No way am I getting rid of my Kraton and Typhon any time soon. But I did buy a bunch of parts, just incase the supply gets wonky during the process.

Also, lots on Mugen MBX07 Eco parts can be fitted to our Typhon / Kraton. Most of the suspension parts, and some of the diff parts (with a bit of Jerry-rigging :) )

OK, I'll keep this short. The lawsuit has nothing to do with bankruptcy. Hobbico owes their creditors 10X the companies net worth. The restructuring will keep the money-makers like Axial, Arrma, Tactic, Futaba, the IL distribution center, & a few others. Some companies that sell the exact same product rebrands will merge. The others will be sold off.

Like @WoodiE said, keep the Kraton. There's actually enough 3rd party parts support to replace all parts on the Kraton with non-Arrma stuff except for 16, & most of those can be had with rolled steel & a grinder, or replaced by other brand parts if you know what I mean ;) Not that it would ever come to that :eek:

. . . .Now the Nero on the other hand, well, I better stockpile :(

You do know Hobbico doesn't own Futaba right ? The Illinois distribution center has around 250 employees left.. I don't know what access to the court cases you have.. but it's not all peaches and cream here.. i won't go around telling folks what i know.. but for most who own Kratons.. there is already parts shortages.. since most suppliers are out of parts.. So many ppl are buying up parts as soon as stores get them .. I would say the Nero platform is done .. i posted the legal letters in another part of this forum about the traxxas/ hobbico lawsuit.. right now the lawsuit is on a stay.. pending outcome of the chapter 11.. I normally don't mine sharing info since its all public knowledge.. but this time im bowing out of sharing.. i will only correct if i see something .. since i have been reading all the legal documents for the chapter 11 of ALL the companies Hobbico has filed with as well as the Traxxas lawsuit.

You do know Hobbico doesn't own Futaba right ? The Illinois distribution center has around 250 employees left.. I don't know what access to the court cases you have.. but it's not all peaches and cream here.. i won't go around telling folks what i know.. but for most who own Kratons.. there is already parts shortages.. since most suppliers are out of parts.. So many ppl are buying up parts as soon as stores get them .. I would say the Nero platform is done .. i posted the legal letters in another part of this forum about the traxxas/ hobbico lawsuit.. right now the lawsuit is on a stay.. pending outcome of the chapter 11.. I normally don't mine sharing info since its all public knowledge.. but this time im bowing out of sharing.. i will only correct if i see something .. since i have been reading all the legal documents for the chapter 11 of ALL the companies Hobbico has filed with as well as the Traxxas lawsuit.

I'll fess up. I went to college in Champaign & worked @ Great Plains for a few summers instead of going back home. I have enough inside information I can't share as well. I don't own 13 Arrma cars for nothing. Hobbico does have a stake in Futaba. I did say this before somewhere but Hobbico doesn't completely own all the brands associated with its name. They may a stake, joint, or legal ownership. But they do handle distribution for all the brands - which is where the parts shortage comes in. We're being affected up here too. I also do know what companies they can & cannot list in the lawsuit, as well as what companies they did file. The prior isn't public knowledge while the latter is.

But most 3rd party part suppliers are small time companies that handle their own goods. But for those ppl who aren't in the know about upgrades or just want to keep their cars stock, this is a bad thing. It is true that Hobbico is downsizing to the point where it's barely functioning. But that doesn't mean you should start panicking or dump all your cars.

That is unless you want to send them all to me, at which point I would completely understand! :D

Well I did dump my Flux 1/8 & XS after the HPI lawsuit, only by coincidence. Redcat finally bought some of the Team magic cars to the states & I was tired of the TVPCs. I still miss the XS though. Maybe I'll buy another one, someday.

That is unless you want to send them all to me, at which point I would completely understand! :D

no woodie lol... stop trying to obtain all the r/c's lol.. there're some people like me, who are trying to own at least 1 arrma r/c lol

Seriously, if any of you want to unload, I'll pay for shipping & for your time it takes you to ship them. I'm very reasonable :p

Well I did dump my Flux 1/8 & XS after the HPI lawsuit, only by coincidence. Redcat finally bought some of the Team magic cars to the states & I was tired of the TVPCs. I still miss the XS though. Maybe I'll buy another one, someday.

During HPI lawsuit I sold my nitro savage and 5B then went to arrma now I’m gonna sell all my arrmas except 4 my raider best buggy ever

Now I’m gonna wait until dis is all over then I’ll by a new arrma

To put my stamp of disapproval with Traxxas, am gonna go and buy the Huanqi 727, lol

1474364266887571.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back