Hobbico files for Bankrupcy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RIP Nero.
@WoodiE You can still find them all over the place overseas, I'm sure the shipping would kill ya though. Vas from Aussie RC Playground had a video up on Facebook of his LHS and they had a stockpile of them.

Well I guess I am about to buy 2 cars worth of replacement parts for my Kraton.

That' exactly what I just did after reading this thread. I jumped on eBay and Amazon and fast rc parts ordered 4 sets of everything. I've ot 3 arrma rigs now needless to say my wife isn' gonna b to happy when she sees a 675.00 order from eBay lol but hey when she breaks something on her typhon then she won' b complaining. But for today I'm sure I'm in the doghouse lol.

All cars still for sale in Canada. Your dollar is better than ours, and the shipping shouldn't be too brutal. Not sure if they would be issues at customs tho.

Correction, they are on the web page but listed as "not available for sale in North America"

That's gotta hurt, bankruptcy restructuring while getting sued by Traxxas. Any lawyers out there? Does the bankruptcy in any way protect Hobbico from the Traxxas lawsuit?

There was a lawyer on once of the Arrma FB pages that had access to court papers - he was not attached to anything Arrma or Traxxas or hobbico, but knew how to look up court docs. For a while he was posting some of the Bankruptcy filings, and some of the Traxxas vs Hobbico filings. From his post, due to the Bankruptcy, there is a 'Stay' on the TvH lawsuit, pending the outcome of the bankruptcy.

But once the new Hobico comes out the other side (assuming they survive) then the lawsuit Stay would be lifted - the lawsuit would be back on, unless there were provisions in the Bankruptcy to make Traxxas happy.

I'm sure Traxxas is feeling a little bit of the pain by not having anything sold on Tower also. I'm seeing on YouTube more and more people buying ARRMA. I think ARRMA will be ok don't know about the other companies under hobbico? ARRMA will probably come out with a V2 Nero one day - then what's the excuse going to be? Put that in your corn pipe and smoke it Traxxas.

There was a lawyer on once of the Arrma FB pages that had access to court papers - he was not attached to anything Arrma or Traxxas or hobbico, but knew how to look up court docs. For a while he was posting some of the Bankruptcy filings, and some of the Traxxas vs Hobbico filings. From his post, due to the Bankruptcy, there is a 'Stay' on the TvH lawsuit, pending the outcome of the bankruptcy.

But once the new Hobico comes out the other side (assuming they survive) then the lawsuit Stay would be lifted - the lawsuit would be back on, unless there were provisions in the Bankruptcy to make Traxxas happy.

To add to this last I heard Traxxas was trying to get the stay lifted.

I'm sure Traxxas is feeling a little bit of the pain by not having anything sold on Tower also. I'm seeing on YouTube more and more people buying ARRMA. I think ARRMA will be ok don't know about the other companies under hobbico? ARRMA will probably come out with a V2 Nero one day - then what's the excuse going to be? Put that in your corn pipe and smoke it Traxxas.

I see Axial staying around as well, Dromida and Duratrax sadly will probably go the way of Ofna or Hong Nor. I thought I heard something about Testors possibly buying Estes and Revel, Revel Monogram and Monogram that is just speculation at this point though.

Well this news sucks big time, I’m about to go out and get a Arrma Talion V3, and get back into the hobby after a 6 year break, now I don’t know what to do... should I still get it? Or should I hold out for something else? I really like this Truggy... but I want to make sure I’m getting something I can repair when it breaks... help guys! I don’t know what to do! :(

Go for it. I think ARRMA is growing and taking a chunk out of traxxas sales. Only the Nero was effected by the lawsuit. I don't know what will happen in the future for hobbico? But it's possible that Arrma can survive on it's own if it keeps growing?

Just my 2 cents

I honestly think you'll be fine...Arrma will be around one way or the other. There is no way they won't be picked up if Hobbico has to sell them...there's just too many of us.

My next purchase is either going to be a Talion or Tekno and $$$$ will be the deciding factor, not whether or not Arrma will survive.
I’m hoping for the best, I’m gonna go ahead and order the talion v3 and hope everything works out in the future, it’s just to nice of a Truggy for the price, I was thinking about traxxas before I knew of Arrma, but now that I know how good Arrma is and how much of a scumbag traxxas can be, I plan to fully support Arrma and never ever even think about anything traxxas ever again.

You are going to be very happy these things are built like tanks. I think Arrma has the best ready to run 1/8 RC line. Nothing beats a true truggy & buggy platform.

You are going to be very happy these things are built like tanks. I think Arrma has the best ready to run 1/8 RC line. Nothing beats a true truggy & buggy platform.
I’m hoping so, from my understanding so far, I’ll I need to do is shim the diff, get some voltage braces, and get some bumpers and this thing will be almost bullet proof, I’m also gonna get some fast Eddy’s rubber sealed bearings for it, I’m looking forward to getting back into the hobby and really want something tough for bashing, but also something fast coming from nitro years back, hoping for a good experience and I wish the best for this company! :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back