Hobby 4 fun Need help.!!??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KratonHobby

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Brand new Notorious 6s only 2 runs.... and now -> Nothing... no steering no Throttle just fan is running.

Was running the cars, a friend crashed, set controller down (car/controller still on) for about 15mins. Got back and nothing works, nothing. Seems as if it jams on systems check on 5th green light. Systems check always jams when controller is “off”.... if Controller is on, only occasionally does the system check, but either way it still fails at final. Usually makes no noise at all. Still binds, but nothing works. Nothing

Tried ESC re-set, and all batteries check.

Note: receiver is Brand new from HH. I do have a video of how it’s acting, but don’t know (at this time) how to upload it here....? Glad to share for help.?

If you have nothing with good batteries in everything I’d say you need to rebind the controller to the receiver. Open the little box and go thru the procedure in the manual. The spectrum receivers will unbind themselves occasionally for seemingly no reason. It has happen to me several times. If that doesn’t do it the receiver might be no good. Hope you get it sorted.

Brand new Notorious 6s only 2 runs.... and now -> Nothing... no steering no Throttle just fan is running.

Was running the cars, a friend crashed, set controller down (car/controller still on) for about 15mins. Got back and nothing works, nothing. Seems as if it jams on systems check on 5th green light. Systems check always jams when controller is “off”.... if Controller is on, only occasionally does the system check, but either way it still fails at final. Usually makes no noise at all. Still binds, but nothing works. Nothing

Tried ESC re-set, and all batteries check.

Note: receiver is Brand new from HH. I do have a video of how it’s acting, but don’t know (at this time) how to upload it here....? Glad to share for help.?
If you have nothing with good batteries in everything I’d say you need to rebind the controller to the receiver. Open the little box and go thru the procedure in the manual. The spectrum receivers will unbind themselves occasionally for seemingly no reason. It has happen to me several times. If that doesn’t do it the receiver might be no good. Hope you get it sorted.
Thanks .... got a new receiver from HorizonHobby and installed and re did the binding. Still the same.
Sit1: Controller on, Turn car on.... binding light turns on receiver stays solid. —> no systems check (No Beeps), no lights on ESC - No functions on controller- None
Sit2: (only 1 out of 10 x’s) controller on, turn car on, system self check diagnostics. 4 green lights, on 5th goes Red (red flashing) receiver bind’s to controller (nothing works)
Sit3: controller “off”. Turn car on, system diagnostic 4 green lights (and beeps) and on 5th it turns to flashing red. This happens 100%.... If I turn controller on (after Car) receiver lights up solid, still... Nothing, no steering no controller.
Check to make sure the servo is working and not burnt up.
How to check that? Step by step?

no you tube here... ugh. Sorry.
Sounds like your radio came unplugged from the ESC. Check that first.
Did that... (Black and Red wire?)

Thanks .... got a new receiver from HorizonHobby and installed and re did the binding. Still the same.
Sit1: Controller on, Turn car on.... binding light turns on receiver stays solid. —> no systems check (No Beeps), no lights on ESC - No functions on controller- None
Sit2: (only 1 out of 10 x’s) controller on, turn car on, system self check diagnostics. 4 green lights, on 5th goes Red (red flashing) receiver bind’s to controller (nothing works)
Sit3: controller “off”. Turn car on, system diagnostic 4 green lights (and beeps) and on 5th it turns to flashing red. This happens 100%.... If I turn controller on (after Car) receiver lights up solid, still... Nothing, no steering no controller.

How to check that? Step by step?

no you tube here... ugh. Sorry.
Take the servo out and plug it into another car to see if it works. You can also take apart the servo and smell if it is burnt.

Sounds like your radio came unplugged from the ESC. Check that first.
If radio was unplugged, why does it light up?? If so, is plug underneath the ESC?
Take the servo out and plug it into another car to see if it works. You can also take apart the servo and smell if it is burnt.
The steering servo???

Last edited:
If radio was unplugged, why does it light up?? If so, is plug underneath the ESC?

The steering servo???
It’s new ... No other car handy for swap. Doesn’t smell burnt.
If it’s the steering servo.... why don’t I have forward and reverse? When I say nothing, I got nothing except Orange solid light on receiver.

The steering servo???
The receiver lights up? What color? Does it flash? No the ESC plug is permanently attached to the ESC, but does unplug from the receiver.

It’s new ... No other car handy for swap. Doesn’t smell burnt.
If it’s the steering servo.... why don’t I have forward and reverse? When I say nothing, I got nothing except Orange solid light on receiver.
The servo could have failed in such a way that it's loading down the rest of the system. Try removing the servo plug from the receiver and see if throttle is restored. If throttle is restored, your steering servo has failed and needs to be replaced.

The receiver lights up? What color? Does it flash? No the ESC plug is permanently attached to the ESC, but does unplug from the receiver.
Hey Jondilly, I appreciate you hanging in to help me. If controller is on the receiver lifts up solid orange. (I think as if it is bound). But the car (ESC) doesn’t complete its self diagnostics (beeps). It gets almost there and then on the 5th check it goes red.

laymen’s thought: It’s as if the ESC is beeping in unison with each stage of self check and giving a Green flash at each stage. 4 successful Green Flashes, and the on the 5th (Beep/tone) when it’s about to flash green.... it goes red. (On the ESC)

While following ideas and suggestions from the forum. When it does “crash” to red, it also seems to reduce its ‘power supply’ and is only running the fan on the ESC. All other power seems gone, and the fan runs more quietly - as if it’s under less power. (Batteries are full charge)
The servo could have failed in such a way that it's loading down the rest of the system. Try removing the servo plug from the receiver and see if throttle is restored. If throttle is restored, your steering servo has failed and needs to be replaced.
Can you guide me as to which is the servo plug? I’m assuming it’s either the Blue, Yellow, or orange? To the motor.... but which one?
Hey Jondilly, I appreciate you hanging in to help me. If controller is on the receiver lifts up solid orange. (I think as if it is bound). But the car (ESC) doesn’t complete its self diagnostics (beeps). It gets almost there and then on the 5th check it goes red.

laymen’s thought: It’s as if the ESC is beeping in unison with each stage of self check and giving a Green flash at each stage. 4 successful Green Flashes, and the on the 5th (Beep/tone) when it’s about to flash green.... it goes red. (On the ESC)

While following ideas and suggestions from the forum. When it does “crash” to red, it also seems to reduce its ‘power supply’ and is only running the fan on the ESC. All other power seems gone, and the fan runs more quietly - as if it’s under less power. (Batteries are full charge)

Can you guide me as to which is the servo plug? I’m assuming it’s either the Blue, Yellow, or orange? To the motor.... but which one?
Ok, it finally registered.... I unplugged the “ST” lead from receiver and it still has the same failure.... I’m assuming “ST” = steering and is the Servo.(??)

Last edited:
Yes ST is steering and TH is throttle. Sounds like the BEC died in the ESC.
Hey there- Can’t express how much appreciate you hanging in there while I learn.

Had a buddy come over with his Kraton. I took out the ‘Notorious Servo’ put it on the Kraton. — Got no response from Car (and Red light on ESC on Kraton)

so I’m thinking you were correct on the Servo. Now my question is why? Is it because of the BEC or because sometimes they just fail.?? In general.

(Reminder: Notorious has 2 runs on it and is less than month old.)

Hey there- Can’t express how much appreciate you hanging in there while I learn.

Had a buddy come over with his Kraton. I took out the ‘Notorious Servo’ put it on the Kraton. — Got no response from Car (and Red light on ESC on Kraton)

so I’m thinking you were correct on the Servo. Now my question is why? Is it because of the BEC or because sometimes they just fail.?? In general.

(Reminder: Notorious has 2 runs on it and is less than month old.)
The v5 servos are bad the same thing happen to mine, either order a new one or call horizon for a replacement.

Save yourself the hassle and get a different servo. You will also need a matching 25T servo arm if the new servo has 25T as most do. My favorite servo today is the DS3235 for about $35 on Amazon.

Looks as if you were correct after all.??
Do you (or anyone know if the original ARRMA ADS-15M (waterproof) Servo is better than SPEKTRUM S652 Servo.??

I just run hobby/fun stuff with a little bashing (cause I suck at it) so it gets bashed regardless.!!
The ADS-15m is not much better if you wanted a new servo could buy this https://www.amazon.com/ZOSKAY-Corel...&keywords=rc+car+servo&qid=1610999092&sr=8-11 you would then need to buy the 25t servo horn by arrma which is currently out of stock, so you can get this one instead https://www.hobbytown.com/hot-racin...rm-25tprotek-futaba-savox-hrashm25m01/p650321

The ADS-15m is not much better if you wanted a new servo could buy this https://www.amazon.com/ZOSKAY-Corel...&keywords=rc+car+servo&qid=1610999092&sr=8-11 you would then need to buy the 25t servo horn by arrma which is currently out of stock, so you can get this one instead https://www.hobbytown.com/hot-racin...rm-25tprotek-futaba-savox-hrashm25m01/p650321
To everyone - Thank You!

so many forums can be hateful makes people fearful. Y’all have been awesome... especially for a ‘newbie’ like me! Very grateful for all the help!

of course Horizon will send me a ‘back-up’ while I order a better one.... Thanks again to all.

Hey Leroy- The Amazon Link for Servo says it has the 25t armature included. (W/other accessories, too)

do I still need to order the second link “horn”(?) for the Kraton? Or just use the one inside the packaging With the linked Servo - Yes, I’m going to order ... just want to understand why get the other if there is one included.??

or could I use the armature (horn) off the old Servo??

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back