Limitless Hobby wing 1100kv in Limitless pinion question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raynist

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Mojave
  7. Notorious
  8. Outcast 8s
  9. Outcast 6s
  10. Talion
  11. Typhon 6s
I purchased a 1100kv combo to put in my limitless. I also purchased a motor mount. I am guessing I need a mod 1.5 pinion - will this mesh with the stock spur gear or will I need a new spur? I am using the differential from an infraction.

Thanks!!
Ray

Thank you!!
What would be a good pinion tooth count for 80-90mph with the 46 or 50t spur?

Turns out I can use the 39t from the spool as a pinion. So my gearing will be 39t pinion and 50t spur. Not sure if this gets me to 90mph or not.

39t pinion...
I’m showing a top speed of 63-64mph with a 50t spur on 6s and 83 mph on 8s.

Is there any specific reason why you’re going with a 50t center diff instead of running a spool?

39t pinion...
I’m showing a top speed of 63-64mph with a 50t spur on 6s and 83 mph on 8s.

Is there any specific reason why you’re going with a 50t center diff instead of running a spool?
Thanks!

at the time I didn’t have a pinion that would work with the motor I had - I had an extra diff available so installed that. I also have a 46t spur I could add for a little more speed

are you using an app to calculate the speed?

I got up to 77mph using the 50t spur and 23t on the blx 6s motor so that isn’t much of an improvement- although I suspect it will accelerate much faster.

I use RC Car GearCalc app for Android. With the 39t spool as pinion and a 50t spool according to this app you are in the ballpark of what you want. Using the 46T spur will be a better choice for the speeds you're looking for. Your low KV motor would need a very high gearing for high speeds but for sure it will handle it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back