HobbyKing is horrid?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dauransx

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
(Sorry if im a hard ass) I ordered a lipo and the same one that i had issues with fedex like in my last post and soon after they put it on sale so i thought i'd ask if i could get the sale offer still because Amazon would with no issue if its within 30 days, cant hurt to try. They replied saying it could be possible but it had to go to another dpt to be sure but it is taking time and on the 20th i asked what was up and they responded saying the same thing and that they needed to wait and see and as it hits the 29th day of order date (30 day refund) even tho it took 2 weeks to get to me from the fedex issue HK still has not responded so are they waiting so i cant return the lipo (they assume i am?) and then tell me no? if so i think that is horrid bad of a business to do... Just say "sorry we cant do that for you" and ill take my $30 loss, no big deal.

I also got 2 kraton V3 springs from amazon the same time as the HK lipo and they were also put into the wrong mailbox and i reported that as lost mail and got a refund but it was corrected some how and was put into my mailbox so i told Amazon to take the money back because i got my springs and they said not to worry about it and it was on them and enjoy. I guess Amazon has me spoiled lol. What im learning with all this, never to buy from anyone but Amazon because they have my back plus i love their returns how they will send ups to pick the stuff up with labels for you, im disabled with no printer to that is a must for me.

Last edited:
Amazon is terrible. It would take me a week to list all the issues I've had with them between completely wrong items sent, Cheap chinese knockoffs being sent, not honoring their own policies, "accidental" (yeah right) release of my private information, and my favorite most recent one, one of their customers calling me up mad as hell demanding to know why I had charged over $1000 to his account because someone committed identify theft/fraud on his card and had MY name, address, and phone number on their order somehow... just to name a few.

you're better off ordering on Ebay as long as you watch where the seller is located and use paypal, which has a much better "got your back" system in place they actually honor compared to Amazon. :D

My experience with Hobbyking has been okay so far. Every order has gotten to me in 3 business days, only issue I have had was the puffy battery. It took a few days of back and forth to get the ball rolling on that though, I am pretty sure their support people do not speak English.

My experience with Hobbyking has been okay so far. Every order has gotten to me in 3 business days, only issue I have had was the puffy battery. It took a few days of back and forth to get the ball rolling on that though, I am pretty sure their support people do not speak English.
I think they all are in Hongkong, just a guess because they only reply about 3am or so.
Amazon is terrible. It would take me a week to list all the issues I've had with them between completely wrong items sent, Cheap chinese knockoffs being sent, not honoring their own policies, "accidental" (yeah right) release of my private information, and my favorite most recent one, one of their customers calling me up mad as hell demanding to know why I had charged over $1000 to his account because someone committed identify theft/fraud on his card and had MY name, address, and phone number on their order somehow... just to name a few.

you're better off ordering on Ebay as long as you watch where the seller is located and use paypal, which has a much better "got your back" system in place they actually honor compared to Amazon. :D
I had great experience with Amazon and they bring the belt out at the 3rd party sellers if your not happy. I have over 4 pages of orders on my account in the last year or more from RC stuff, beads and other stuff and what few issues i had, i got the item for free with Amazons blessing or half my money back. Samsung is another bad company to buy from off their site. Ebay i always had issues with and returns is an issue with their policy's. I guess this debate will be a war because i do hate Ebay and more so because i cant go out and just send stuff out when Amazon supports such people.

You bought a battery from hobbyking and after purchase you asked them if you can get it at the reduced price ?
While it would obviously be better if they replied, personally I'd have taken the lack of a quick 'Yes' as a No and moved on. I definitely wouldn't have called their service 'horrible' based on that.

Amazon do have very good customer service within 30 days of purchase. However they are (by many accounts) terrible to work for.

You bought a battery from hobbyking and after purchase you asked them if you can get it at the reduced price ?
While it would obviously be better if they replied, personally I'd have taken the lack of a quick 'Yes' as a No and moved on. I definitely wouldn't have called their service 'horrible' based on that.

Amazon do have very good customer service within 30 days of purchase. However they are (by many accounts) terrible to work for.
I could understand if it was a few days later that the battery went on sale, but anything beyond a week I wouldn't really worry about it.

Well its more then what i said. The fact they did not care the $148 lipo was lost for 2 weeks and even said "once we ship its not our concern" and then not saying no they wont refund the $38 difference. Them not doing it is not the issue but them holding out on it till the 30day return/refund window is up before they say no is the issue and that is a low ball move. I mean i am upset i paid $148 for a lipo and less then a week after the mess i had to deal with the lipo was on sale for $109.

I could understand if it was a few days later that the battery went on sale, but anything beyond a week I wouldn't really worry about it.
it was def less then one week. it was still in the mail when it was put up on sale. Besides, most policys for many vendors is 30 days because you can always return and rebuy at the sale price so it would not make any sense not to refund people the difference 30 days or less after you paid.

Last edited:
it was def less then one week. it was still in the mail when it was put up on sale. Besides, most policys for many vendors is 30 days because you can always return and rebuy at the sale price so it would not make any sense not to refund people the difference.
Oh okay I didn't quite catch that. Then fo sho I would be like hey.
A lot of the Chinese run companies work this way, once the product leaves their hands they could literally give 2 sh*** about what happens to it.

Hobbyking is like Gearbest and Banggood, they have a lot of fairly decent stuff for cheap but trying to get any sort of support from them is like trying to pull tiger teeth.

Well its more then what i said. The fact they did not care the $148 lipo was lost for 2 weeks and even said "once we ship its not our concern" and then not saying no they wont refund the $38 difference. Them not doing it is not the issue but them holding out on it till the 30day return/refund window is up before they say no is the issue and that is a low ball move. I mean i am upset i paid $148 for a lipo and less then a week after the mess i had to deal with the lipo was on sale for $109.

I'd agree it's their responsibility until the item is received, and that's a poor response from them. Saying that, they're a HK based supplier and as slick2500 says it's not an unusual attitude. I wouldn't buy from one and expect Amazon levels of customer service as that's just an unrealistic expectation.

I'd agree it's their responsibility until the item is received, and that's a poor response from them. Saying that, they're a HK based supplier and as slick2500 says it's not an unusual attitude. I wouldn't buy from one and expect Amazon levels of customer service as that's just an unrealistic expectation.
True but thats why i said i was spoiled by Amazon.

We have obviously had very different experiences with Amazon who I've had multitudes of issues with, and Ebay where I've had absolutely zero (and my private info has stayed secure). Let's just agree to disagree.

We have obviously had very different experiences with Amazon who I've had multitudes of issues with, and Ebay where I've had absolutely zero (and my private info has stayed secure). Let's just agree to disagree.
My issue with Amazon is there are a lot of rc parts that don't qualify for Prime shipping. 9 times out of 10 things are cheaper on eBay anyway, I get most of them in 3 days and I get 1%(10% when they have their ebay bucks deal) cash back on every purchase. I've purchased $3,000-$4,000 worth of stuff over the past 3 years off eBay and I have only had issues 3 different times. One time the seller either never sent my item or forgot and refunded my money when I asked a week after purchase if my order had been shipped since I had not gotten a shipping confirmation. One time the seller sent me 1 2s battery instead of 2 3s batteries, then proceeded to send me 2 more 2s batteries....................And just recently I ordered two gearbox cases for my Outcast and one of them had been opened, used and broken.

So true, the only problem I had was a seller directed me to his personal site and beat me out of $20 sale and I turned it over to eBay and there was on proof on my part because I didn't go thru PayPal....we all live to learn to do things better

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back