Hobbymate D6 Duo Charger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you say discharge. Discharging from full charge to Storage 3.8 volts? Or are you discharging all the way down to a fully discharged lipo? Discharging from a topped off charged pack down to 3.8 v per cell will take a long time. My 6S 6000mah will take approx 3 plus hours the charger times out at 3 hours as I set it to do so. I will usually reset discharge Storage mode and after about 45 min it is discharged to 3.8.
This charger discharges very slowly as designed to do. It will throttle down the discharge rate as it gets close to its target voltage. It does this to balance the cells better as it approaches the target volt.

When you say discharge. Discharging from full charge to Storage 3.8 volts? Or are you discharging all the way down to a fully discharged lipo? Discharging from a topped off charged pack down to 3.8 v per cell will take a long time. My 6S 6000mah will take approx 3 plus hours the charger times out at 3 hours as I set it to do so. I will usually rest discharge Storage mise and after about 45 min it is discharged to 3.8.
This charger discharges very slowly as designed to do. It will throttle down the discharge rate as it gets close to its taget voltage. It does this to balance the cells better as it approaches the target volt.
Fully charged down to storage (3.8v) I wasnt sure if I missed a setting or what? I thought it could discharge at up to 3 amps? Mine's only doing .2 amps. Thanks for your feedback!

Are you discharging to storage 3.8 volts or trying to completely discharge the pack. LIPOS DON'T NEED TO BE COMPLETELY DISCHARGED AND IS NOT GOOD TO DO. There is no benefit. IT ruins the cells.
No problem. If you are in a hurry, get a dedicated discharger. But not really nrcessary. Most chargers use a slow discharge rate. It adds life to the lipos. Track guys have different methods to eek out a little more punch and discharge fast and low. But they don't care if their lipos don't last more than 6 months. They will use 5-10-30 amp discharges. That is the exception , not the norm for care and feeding of expensive lipos. Good luck. The Pro duo is an excellent charger. Especially with the 24v 400watt power supply I use. I can charge two 6s 6500nah packs together in under 1 hour. I never let a fully charged pack sit around unused for more than 24 hours. The packs age quickly when you do.Storage charge them like you do within 24 hours if you don't get around to bashing after you charge them. It happens to me. I plan on bashing or break something and have a fully charged pack left.it happens. Just discharge it soon. I have ruined packs because they left fully charged for days and week. Because I forgot about. We all learn from past mistakes.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info and tips! I cant wait to put this thing to the test! I use this power supply:
24V 40A 1000W Upgrade Switch... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MKT88P5?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Should be able to do 6 6S 5000mah packs at just under 1C? I'm terrible at math, probably screwed it up?.
20191213_111456.jpg
20191211_232256.jpg

At 1C rate means you charge at 5 amps if your lipo pack is a 5000mah pack. 2 C would mean charging at twice that. (10 amps) if your pack is 6500mah a a1 C charge setting should be 6.5Amps. And so on. Best to charge at 1c always unless your lipo pack says 2C capable. 1C is the best for lipos. They will last more cycles.
(y)
Thanks for the info and tips! I cant wait to put this thing to the test! I use this power supply:
24V 40A 1000W Upgrade Switch... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MKT88P5?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Should be able to do 6 6S 5000mah packs at just under 1C? I'm terrible at math, probably screwed it up?.View attachment 57139View attachment 57142
Really nice set up have.(y)

Last edited:
I really like my d6 duo. The option to feed it DC is great. It seemed silly, but that built in wireless phone charger came in handy a couple times while I was out.

It's also way smaller than I expected.

I really like my d6 duo. The option to feed it DC is great. It seemed silly, but that built in wireless phone charger came in handy a couple times while I was out.

It's also way smaller than I expected.
I find that this charger has been much more accurate on each independent channel than on two other lipo chargers I have. (y)It can handle a 24volts PSU.(y) Which is key to charging high voltage lipo packs efficiently with much less ripple in the charge circuit.

Last edited:
Even I thought it was silly with that wireless charger. But I now think that was brilliant. Even using the USB port can charge anything super fast like my cell phone from 12% to full charge in 20 min. This charger is a sleeper for sure. I have many. I just cant see how there is much out there that can hold a candle to it. And I searched and still search. I am a gear head and always looking for better. This D6 ProDuo is great. But not at a usual budget charger price for sure.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back