Kraton Hobbystar 1730 4092

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jluther@becoinc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Talion
I have two hobbystar 1730 motors. One runs great the other seems sluggish and after about 5 runs it started skipping and making the sound they make when one of the three motor leads is not connected. I bought it from RC JUICE. Should I ship it back to them or am I just scr€w£d?

I don't know about warranties on those motors. There is no parts support that I know of. Short of replacing the bearings, they are throw away motors. I would disassemble the whole motor. Make sure to count and keep armature shims in order for reassembly when doing that. Examine the 3 Phase wire leads internally as well as the the connectors to the ESC. Check , clean and relube the bearings. Check the armature closely also by removing it.
These are cheap China motors. And I noticed inconsistencies between same exact model motors when I put them on my BLX motor analyzer. A lot of China motors are built very fast with little to no attention to detail. Even the windings are not consistent. That's what separates the men from the boys. I noticed the Arrma 2050 BLX motors have different actual KV and rpm specs on any given motor according to my analyzer. You pay for what you get. But there are many "good " cheap China motors out there nonetheless. Just don't expect miracles when it comes to support or warranty. Call RC Juice and see what they say if your motors are very recently purchased.:cool:

I'd say you are out of luck. From what I've read in here, RCJuice is pretty tough as when it comes to warranty (i.e It's your fault it broke.) Can't hurt to ask though.

I don't know about warranties on those motors. There is no parts support that I know of. Short of replacing the bearings, they are throw away motors. I would disassemble the whole motor. Make sure to count and keep armature shims in order for reassembly when doing that. Examine the 3 Phase wire leads internally as well as the the connectors to the ESC. Check , clean and relube the bearings. Check the armature closely also by removing it.
These are cheap China motors. And I noticed inconsistencies between same exact model motors when I put them on my BLX motor analyzer. A lot of China motors are built very fast with little to no attention to detail. Even the windings are not consistent. That's what separates the men from the boys. I noticed the Arrma 2050 BLX motors have different actual KV and rpm specs on any given motor according to my analyzer. You pay for what you get. But there are many "good " cheap China motors out there nonetheless. Just don't expect miracles when it comes to support or warranty. Call RC Juice and see what they say if your motors are very recently purchased.:cool:

Sorry to thread jack... What are the "GOOD" brands other then TP?

-Castle motors, although they are outsourced and not manufactured "In house" like their ESC's are. Most don't realize that.
-HobbyWing. You pay more for the better quality Sensored ones. Most efficient whether in a Sensored or UN-Sensored application.
-Spektrum Firma. Fairly new. Not enough info on them
-Maclan
-Tekin

The above is in no specific order of quality or price. Just what came to mind at the moment.
And there are many other cheap China brands out there re-labeled under many names. Sometimes you get an exceptional "good one" and its a fluke. :cool:(y)

I'd also add Holmes Hobbies motors to the list. Hand built in house here in the USA. They are mostly known for their crawling motors, but their puller pro sensored motor would be awesome in most 4-6s applications.

I'd also add Holmes Hobbies motors to the list. Hand built in house here in the USA. They are mostly known for their crawling motors, but their puller pro sensored motor would be awesome in most 4-6s applications.

A local guy has 1 of the Holmes 4274 in a old Losi truggy & it’s a absolute beast. Insane power & cool running...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back