Outcast Hobbystar 4082 Motor in Outcast/Notorious

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
What are your thoughts about running the Hobbystar 4082 size motor in a Notorious? I have the 4092 1730Kv in my Kraton and it's awesome. Unfortunately RC Juice is out of stock but I saw the smaller 4082, which might be an easier fit in the shorter wheelbase chassis. It comes in 1600Kv or 2000Kv. Is anyone running one of these motors? What Kv would you pick?

I have 4082 2000kv in my Outcast right now, running on 6s, 17t pinion, its a monster, you have to be gentle with the trigger.

I'm also using a max6 ESC.

I have 4082 2000kv in my Outcast right now, running on 6s, 17t pinion, its a monster, you have to be gentle with the trigger.

I'm also using a max6 ESC.
I'll be running a Max6 as well. How are temps with the 2000Kv?

140f at the end of a run, with outside temp about 70f.

I also run a yeah cooling fan

What are your thoughts about running the Hobbystar 4082 size motor in a Notorious? I have the 4092 1730Kv in my Kraton and it's awesome. Unfortunately RC Juice is out of stock but I saw the smaller 4082, which might be an easier fit in the shorter wheelbase chassis. It comes in 1600Kv or 2000Kv. Is anyone running one of these motors? What Kv would you pick?
I also have the 2000kv one and it is a monster. I run a 16t pinion with no heat issues. I then ran it on my Kraton and it did hit 201 with no fan and it was wot the whole pack which is not how I drive my cars but was testing the limits of it. It does require 160a esc but I only ran it on stock. I now how the 1600kv on my Kraton with a 21t pinion. It’s not as fast as the 2000kv on 16t but it’s very close. Only ran it 3 times on cold days so can’t say how the temps are. Hope this helps you decide

I'm happy with the 1600kv & Max 8. Went with it because I didn't want the extra weight of a bigger can & ESC. I also stay around 5000 mAh on battery for same reason.

A 16 but going to jump up to an 18. Probably install a motor fan along with it. I saw 170 a few times on hot days. I do continually ask a lot of it acceleration wise. So I expect some heat.

I also have the 2000kv one and it is a monster. I run a 16t pinion with no heat issues. I then ran it on my Kraton and it did hit 201 with no fan and it was wot the whole pack which is not how I drive my cars but was testing the limits of it. It does require 160a esc but I only ran it on stock. I now how the 1600kv on my Kraton with a 21t pinion. It’s not as fast as the 2000kv on 16t but it’s very close. Only ran it 3 times on cold days so can’t say how the temps are. Hope this helps you decide

I went with the 2000kv to go with the Max6 I've got coming. I just didn't want to run the stock motor with a Max6. Kind of a waste. I'll most likely run a 15t or 16t pinion.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back