Hobbystar 4082 with blx 185?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coopsonthefarm

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
So I just received a hobbystar 4082 motor and want to run it with my stock blx185 esc. My problem is the motor has 6mm male bullet connectors and the esc has 4mm female bullet connectors. Are the esc bullet connecters sodered into the esc or are they connected by a male bullet plug? Ideally I’d like to plug motor directly into esc. Any advice on the best way to set this up? Thanks so much!

Probably the easiest thing to do is desolder the 4 mm female plugs from your ESC motor wires and replace them with 6mm female connectors. The Hobbystar wires are pretty short anyway. I installed a 4082 and a Max 8 and had to move the ESC back because the motor wires are short. I did plug them into the ESC directly but the Max 8 has 6 mm connectors on board.

Probably the easiest thing to do is desolder the 4 mm female plugs from your ESC motor wires and replace them with 6mm female connectors. The Hobbystar wires are pretty short anyway. I installed a 4082 and a Max 8 and had to move the ESC back because the motor wires are short. I did plug them into the ESC directly but the Max 8 has 6 mm connectors on board.
Thanks, I ordered some 6mm female bullet to 4mm male bullet plugs. Hopefully this will work fine. Other than that I’ll take your advice

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back