Hobbystar lipo puffy when used

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rcproponent

RCP
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Hey everyone,

I bought some new hobbystar 4s batteries that are perfect sized to fit in the 6s kraton/Noto/typhon/Mojave for 8s use.

I wanted to throw one of them in the typhon and use it on 4s just to test them.

my typhon has a max8 combo in it, xt90 connectors and was geared low and temps stayed within normal ranges ... motor below 180 and esc battery below 120..

What would cause my battery pack to swell when used? I didn’t even use it for the full pack.. it was a short 15 min deal and the battery puffed up.

after cooling it dropped back down to normal size...

What is that cause of this??

Thank you !

Most likely a bad cell or 2. If you did just buy them I would try to contact Rc Juice and see what he has to say, I'm just assuming that you bought them from Rc Juice as he is their primary US distributor.

Their 45C short packs are noticeably weaker than their 50C long packs. I have a 3S 5200mah 45C and 4 of their 6200mah 3S 50C packs. I got the smaller one for my stampede to try and it did fine, but after installing a chassis that supported the longer packs, I ran the 45C then the 50C and the punch difference was noticeable. Made me wonder if the 45C rating on those was a bit over confident.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back