Hobbystar motors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slicktmi

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Has anyone else had these issues with rcjuice? I was impressed with the fast shipping and all but this is kinda twisted. All over a return?

20190113_130632.jpg

I did. He came right out and told me if a motor overheats he will not warranty it. He says a motor will not overheat from being defective. It will only become defective from overheating. I can't believe anyone familiar with motors would say that. Although being just a re-seller he very well might not know anything at all about motors. Either way he will not warranty motors because almost every one will overheat on its way out.

It's funny how they say we are so fed up with people burning up motors and returning them as defective if it happens that often obviously there is a problem or am i wrong?

It's funny how they say we are so fed up with people burning up motors and returning them as defective if it happens that often obviously there is a problem or am i wrong?

I would be concerned as to why this guy has so many defective motors if that's the case, otherwise no i'd say its prolly users error.. tons of new people get into the hobby not knowing what there doing and end up fiddlesticking poop up.. It happens..

I was a seller on ebay for a while and had my fair share of people bitching about stuff well out of my control I sold live items sometimes they died in transit sometimes they killed them but I still got blamed and hada refund..

Ebay selling ain't for everyone that's for sure :D

I would be concerned as to why this guy has so many defective motors if that's the case, otherwise no i'd say its prolly users error.. tons of new people get into the hobby not knowing what there doing and end up fiddlesticking poop up.. It happens..

I was a seller on ebay for a while and had my fair share of people bitching about stuff well out of my control I sold live items sometimes they died in transit sometimes they killed them but I still got blamed and hada refund..

That's what i figured lol if it is such a big inconvenience to sell on ebay because they let you return items over crap reasons then don't sell on there it's that simple lol but yeah several people had issues with hobbystar motors getting toasty not just me.

You ain’t kidding. I have perfect feedback since 1999 and I has cost me, let me tell you! No way would I ever sell rc stuff, I mean no way. eBay is all about the next deal and the treat sellers like merchandise, can take money out of your PayPal just like that.

What hobbystar motor, car/truck, pinion, spur, esc? Like to know before we bury rc juice...

Tried it in my talion 6s and also in the outcast 12 pinion on both stock spur ran it with 4s firsthand got up to 220 within 7 or so min on both rigs all other variables bearings ,resistance, mesh all checked out no reason for 4082 2000kv to get that hot that fast since the motor is rated too handle 21 volts max and it only had 4s

You ain’t kidding. I have perfect feedback since 1999 and I has cost me, let me tell you! No way would I ever sell rc stuff, I mean no way. eBay is all about the next deal and the treat sellers like merchandise, can take money out of your PayPal just like that.

What hobbystar motor, car/truck, pinion, spur, esc? Like to know before we bury rc juice...
And it's not even really about the products he sells or his services he has absolutely fast shipping but the way he talks to people isn't right but maybe it's just me being a complainer.

I hear ya, I kind of wish they had a phone number. Sometimes things have a way of working out when there’s a conversation on the phone. I do want to like them as I think their batteries are really good and I thought a lot of guys have had success with their motors. I want to get that 4092 1730kv as it looks like a beast but now...? I know at least one or two guys like that motor in the Kraton, one guy even with the BLX185 esc.

I hear ya, I kind of wish they had a phone number. Sometimes things have a way of working out when there’s a conversation on the phone. I do want to like them as I think their batteries are really good and I thought a lot of guys have had success with their motors. I want to get that 4092 1730kv as it looks like a beast but now...? I know at least one or two guys like that motor in the Kraton, one guy even with the BLX185 esc.
Well see that's the thing after i requested a return i ordered the 4092 hobbystar 1480kv motor and he canceled my order and blocked me along with that message he sent not cool at all as i really enjoyed his products and prices so i was kinda hurt he blocked me from everything i even told him he didn't have to accept my return but he wasn't having it i told him i needed that 4092 regardless and he didn't answer so still blocked. But after reading up on the 4092 cans people have issues with them running toasty as well so it's kinda up in the air. It's funny cause i run my blx185 over 250 with around 20 6s lipos through it and it's still going strong other then the groove my dirty bearing ground in my shaft lol

I had a huge issue with that guy straight off his website not eBay. I had a motor completely blow out a bearing within minutes of the first Run on it. Blamed be for wrong pinion, tires yada yada, yada. I ended up just putting new better bearings in it myself and wrote it off to never buy another hobbystar or RCjiuce thing again. Lesson learned. :)

Well see that's the thing after i requested a return i ordered the 4092 hobbystar 1480kv motor and he canceled my order and blocked me along with that message he sent not cool at all as i really enjoyed his products and prices so i was kinda hurt he blocked me from everything i even told him he didn't have to accept my return but he wasn't having it i told him i needed that 4092 regardless and he didn't answer so still blocked. But after reading up on the 4092 cans people have issues with them running toasty as well so it's kinda up in the air. It's funny cause i run my blx185 over 250 with around 20 6s lipos through it and it's still going strong other then the groove my dirty bearing ground in my shaft lol

The BLX system in these trucks is really dialed in. I can’t believe the abuse I put my Kraton through this summer and it still runs like new. It gets pretty toasty with a 16t but if I stay out of the tall grass will run great with 14t and 12t it’s like pack after pack...They are cheap too on eBay. I got the 6s motor and esc for $110.00 that will be going into another truggy.

The BLX system in these trucks is really dialed in. I can’t believe the abuse I put my Kraton through this summer and it still runs like new. It gets pretty toasty with a 16t but if I stay out of the tall grass will run great with 14t and 12t it’s like pack after pack...They are cheap too on eBay. I got the 6s motor and esc for $110.00 that will be going into another truggy.
Yeah i really have no complaints with the blx systems so i just ordered the hobby wing motor fan and a new blx motor since i can't buy leopard or hobbystar since rc juice is a main seller for them without having to order from China or maybe i just don't care enough to look harder lol and being that i have the max 6 the esc should never top 110 with the blx motor

I had a huge issue with that guy straight off his website not eBay. I had a motor completely blow out a bearing within minutes of the first Run on it. Blamed be for wrong pinion, tires yada yada, yada. I ended up just putting new better bearings in it myself and wrote it off to never buy another hobbystar or RCjiuce thing again. Lesson learned. :)
Lucky for me i guess since i bought it on ebay guaranteed money back as he said lol "since ebay lets people return stuff they destroyed" its simple don't sell on ebay he don't gotta be so petty lol. Just sucks we had to be victims

Minutes into the first run lol. Oh well, it’s all good. I’m new to the hobby and already know stuff breaks but I was disappointed still. I’m still trying to wrap my head around having to spend $180 on front wheel blocks, new diffs etc on my Kraton when I barely even have dirt on it lol. Crazy! I like learning how to work on them tho, it’s fun.

Attachments

• 3954AC62-0B64-41D5-9159-E8104581AF03.jpeg
    3954AC62-0B64-41D5-9159-E8104581AF03.jpeg
    312.7 KB · Views: 45
Minutes into the first run lol. Oh well, it’s all good. I’m new to the hobby and already know stuff breaks but I was disappointed still. I’m still trying to wrap my head around having to spend $180 on front wheel blocks, new diffs etc on my Kraton when I barely even have dirt on it lol. Crazy! I like learning how to work on them tho, it’s fun.
Yeah it's a blast but it can be pricey but then i think about how much i spent on rzrs and my diesel drag truck then im like this is a cheaper hobby for sure lol but yeah I've had mine in pieces after every run just to find something wrong cause i enjoy working on it so much in my freetime lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back