Mojave Hobbywing 1650 Fan mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve B in Vegas

+11mm Kyosho Hubs on the Mojave.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave EXB
  2. Senton 3s
Hey gang,

Been looking through threads and I cannot find info on the right fan mount for my Hobbywing 1650 motor. Can someone point me in the right direction for this. It gets quite toasty out here in the southwest and I'm gonna need some motor cooling.

Running an 18 tooth pinion and the truck is a real pleasure to drive.

Thanks!

there are a few taht can be modded to fit but no direct fit one from what I have found but heres one i had made
20210320_172317.jpg

8s xmaxx heat sink and your choice of 40mm fans

Dual fan, powerhobby or Yeah racing. Yes, they will fit, answered in ~ 100 threads. It will bend itself into shape.
Running them myself.

There's a lot of threads on this. I've tried a few heatsinks and fan mounts. The Arrma 8S and Xmaxx 8S heatsinks can work after some modification to some of the fins to clear the roll hoop pin, and the dual fans from Yeah Racing or Powerhobby can apparently work with longer hardware

My favourite though is the Alza Racing universal motor 40mm fan mount. They clamp on using a standard zip tie and fit a wide range of motors. You can probably fit two on the 4985 although I just use the one with a decent 40x40mm fan. 40mm are easy to find on the market too

Greetings all,

Thanks for the info. I'm gonna looks these over and see what will work best for my need. Seems Alza website is closed for the weekend. I want to try just 1 40mm fan to start.

Worst case we will just fab one in the shop, but I'd rather try a few options first. I'm thinking to copy the Exoteck version.

s

I know this is a year old, but if anyone does have the DXF for this would you mind sharing it?
I'll post the files when I get home if u still need them
Hey gang,

Been looking through threads and I cannot find info on the right fan mount for my Hobbywing 1650 motor. Can someone point me in the right direction for this. It gets quite toasty out here in the southwest and I'm gonna need some motor cooling.

Running an 18 tooth pinion and the truck is a real pleasure to drive.

Thanks!
I'll post hem when I get home I'd you still need them?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back