Kraton Hobbywing 1650 kv or Hobbstar 1730

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jluther@becoinc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Talion
Just wondering what y’all think is better
I have a HW 1650 with max6 in a kraton now and I like it. Now I m looking to upgrade my
Short wheel base Talion. I’ve never seen a hobbystar run. Which would you guys go with or what other suggestions do y’all have?
I want as much torque and speed as possible for high flying $hi! slingin fun

Just wondering what y’all think is better
I have a HW 1650 with max6 in a kraton now and I like it. Now I m looking to upgrade my
Short wheel base Talion. I’ve never seen a hobbystar run. Which would you guys go with or what other suggestions do y’all have?
I want as much torque and speed as possible for high flying $hi! slingin fun
I run the Hobbystar 1730kv in both my Kraton and my Talion (paired with a Max6). It's a total animal. The Hobbystar motors do tend to run hot though. I run dual fans in mine.

I run the Hobbystar 1730kv in both my Kraton and my Talion (paired with a Max6). It's a total animal. The Hobbystar motors do tend to run hot though. I run dual fans in mine.
I notice with the HW 1650 that it seems to have a lot of drag when I let off throttle.
I’ve checked the settings and that’s on 0%
Do you see that with the hobbystar? That drag is the one thing I don’t like with the HW

I notice with the HW 1650 that it seems to have a lot of drag when I let off throttle.
I’ve checked the settings and that’s on 0%
Do you see that with the hobbystar? That drag is the one thing I don’t like with the HW
Not at all. You might want to check all your bearings (not the motor ones, the others like diff and wheel). One might be seized

Not at all. You might want to check all your bearings (not the motor ones, the others like diff and wheel). One might be seized
I checked that too. If I pull the pinion away the drive train spins freely. @MrDuke runs the 1650. I wonder if he’s noticed it? Anyway I think I’ll try the HS 1730

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back