Hobbywing 4274 max8 combo issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peterk572

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Mojave EXB
  4. Senton 3s
Hey guys, I have a HW max8 4274 combo in a Kraton exb. Haven’t usd the truck in a couple months and was working fine before I put it away. Now when I turn it on it does beep to indicate the cell count (6s) and there is no throttle response. I have tried multiple batteries and it’s the same with them all. Any suggestions?!?!

Is the connection to your receiver good? Are you getting a rapidly flashing red LED after the LiPo cell detection (green flashes)?
Connection is good just double checked everything. No rapid flashing. Light flashes green 6 times and then no light on at all
Connection is good just double checked everything. No rapid flashing. Light flashes green 6 times and then no light on at all
Also when I hit the trigger forward and reverse the light is solid red

You might want to recalibrate your remote and go back through and calibrate the ESC too. On my brand new infraction, I turn the radio on, then turn the receiver on and it goes through the beeps as normal. BUT i takes a few minutes before the receiver actually is bound. In that time, NOTHING works….then sometimes i will have steering with no throttle….then just the opposite the next time I turn it on. Wait a few more minutes and everything is working as it should.
I just ordered a Noble NB4 with three receivers, so at least I will be able to drive around with three of my trucks! LOL

I know this is no help to you and for that, I am sorry.
I am sure someone will chime in here and know exactly what’s up… it’s just not me this time! Good luck bro and I hope you’re blasting along in no time!!

Hey guys, I have a HW max8 4274 combo in a Kraton exb. Haven’t usd the truck in a couple months and was working fine before I put it away. Now when I turn it on it does beep to indicate the cell count (6s) and there is no throttle response. I have tried multiple batteries and it’s the same with them all. Any suggestions?!?!
check all wires for loose connections and motor. make sure everything is plugged in on receiver try and recalibrate esc. if it will not calibrate would think its knackered. had a few max 8 esc's do this over years :(

check all wires for loose connections and motor. make sure everything is plugged in on receiver try and recalibrate esc. if it will not calibrate would think its knackered. had a few max 8 esc's do this over years :(
😢 sucks it’s not even a year old and I haven’t used it that much. I’m going to try to recalibrate if that doesn’t work contact there warranty department.

When you last ran your rig, did you get it Wet??
I have fried an ESC just from Evening Dew that collected on the grass while bashing. Dew comes rather quickly at sundown and caught me off guard. The chassis was moist. That's all it took.
An ESC doesn't have to be submerged in water to get bricked. No RC electrics are WP. Moisture is all it takes to get "Knackered".:)

Like stated above, keep trying a Tx/ESC calibration. Not a rebind. Hopefully water was not your issue.

Try calibrating with all the motor leads disconnected. One way to revive it, that has worked for me. ( Stocker ESC's)
You can also try bench testing the ESC disconnected without power using a digital volt meter to check continuity across the communtating phase circuit.
It will tell if any of the FETS are bricked.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/testing-your-blx-esc-that-appears-bricked.22054/

Last edited:
When you last ran your rig, did you get it Wet??
I have fried an ESC just from Evening Dew that collected on the grass while bashing. Dew comes rather quickly at sundown and caught me off guard. The chassis was moist. That's all it took.
An ESC doesn't have to be submerged in water to get bricked. No RC electrics are WP. Moisture is all it takes to get "Knackered".:)

Like stated above, keep trying a Tx/ESC calibration. Not a rebind. Hopefully water was not your issue.

Try calibrating with all the motor leads disconnected. One way to revive it, that has worked for me. ( Stocker ESC's)
You can aso try bench testing the ESC disconnected without power using a digital volt meter to check continuity across the communtating phase circuit.
It will tell if any of the FETS are bricked.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/testing-your-blx-esc-that-appears-bricked.22054/
No defiantly didn’t get wet. I’ll try to calibrate again and see what happens

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back