Hobbywing 4274 possible repair

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Typhon2016

Reaction score
Broke my hobbywing 4274. Decided to take it apart and take a look.
Looks like all the magnets on the rotor broke. Can this be repaired /replaced? Any help is appreciated.
20190624_233303.jpg

Attachments

• 20190624_233246.jpg
    20190624_233246.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 87
Sadly this same thing happened to mine about a month ago or so and unfortunately they don't make a replacement rotor for it.

If you can I would contact Hobbywing and see if they can help you.

I was just browsing the web for answers. There's rotors for other hobbywing motors but yet to find anything for this motor...

I was just browsing the web for answers. There's rotors for other hobbywing motors but yet to find anything for this motor...
Yup same thing I ran into =(
It used to be a thing to make rebuild kits for brushless motors that came with a new rotor, new bearings, spacers and sometimes even screws. But with all these Chinese motors now I think they decided that it wasn't worth it to do that anymore.

That's too bad. I'll email hobbywing and see what happens. The motor didn't last that long but my theory is I ran it way to hot a few to many times.

Yup same thing I ran into =(
It used to be a thing to make rebuild kits for brushless motors that came with a new rotor, new bearings, spacers and sometimes even screws. But with all these Chinese motors now I think they decided that it wasn't worth it to do that anymore.
Really the only ones that I have readily seen parts and parts lists available for are Tekin motors, which I have started buying more often because of this. Like you said though, I know that it used to be the thing to do for all brushless motors. Sadly, they are all pretty much just disposable electronics now.

This happened to one of my motors that I still have sitting around, I’ll probably end up throwing a tenshock rotor into it out of a brand new tenshock motor that’s like $40 for a 4074. I could see if I can fit an oversized 4082 rotor into it by removing the copper spacer.

Really the only ones that I have readily seen parts and parts lists available for are Tekin motors, which I have started buying more often because of this. Like you said though, I know that it used to be the thing to do for all brushless motors. Sadly, they are all pretty much just disposable electronics now.
I know this is old, but I broke the shaft clean off my 4985, if I could find a similar length shaft, and keep the magnets in place, but doubtful. I too have tekin t8s, and thankful that after the initial investment, tekin products long term are not that expensive to rebuild, or even replace.

I hat a similar issue today. The motor smelled and was turning hard. Opened it up and found pieces of the stripped isolation inside the motor, which were causing the hard turning an smell. Otherwise mechanically the motor seems fine. Hence the question.
I would think if the isolation somehow would get replaced, the motor should work fine again? If so, what should I substitute the isolation with? Guess it needs to be something heat resistant. The original insulation seems to be something from glas fiber?

I hat a similar issue today. The motor smelled and was turning hard. Opened it up and found pieces of the stripped isolation inside the motor, which were causing the hard turning an smell. Otherwise mechanically the motor seems fine. Hence the question.
I would think if the isolation somehow would get replaced, the motor should work fine again? If so, what should I substitute the isolation with? Guess it needs to be something heat resistant. The original insulation seems to be something from glas fiber?
It's Kevlar. It isn't worth your time trying to fix. Just buy a new motor. https://www.ebay.com/itm/393024970393?hash=item5b821d1e99:g:1kcAAOSw4h1fuDMg

I am wondering if this issue may be covered by the warranty? The Motor was 2 month old. It seems running to hot was not the issue, rather particles getting into the motor thru the holes in the from and thus destroying the kevlar shield. Wondering why those holes exist anyway, since this motor is meant for offroad use. Just now became aware of, that some people put grub screws into these holes to prevent dirt getting in (makes sense, why doesn't the manufacturer ...?).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back