Hobbywing 4985 1650kv combo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boohoo

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
To Anyone who has fitted this system how are the tyres and diffs holding up. Ive seen a few guys on youtube fit these but there just playing around haven't seen any clips yet of flat out to see how it goes.

Just wait some weeks / months … I pre-ordered a Limitless and want to drive it with this Combo … ;) but I don't't know whre to find a cooling fan for this big Motor :rolleyes:

The Max6 4985 combo is noticeably more powerful than the BLX system, and the delivery is smoother throughout the entire throttle range. I have had it in both my Outcast and V3 Talion and the diffs hold up well to the abuse I've put them through. Tires on the other hand have been struggling to stay glued to the wheel, but that's more of a gearing decision on my behalf. Once you gear for the upper 70's to low 80s (mph) range and start hitting long stretches of wide open throttle, the tires will inevitably start to come unglued. As long as you stay on top of tire maintenance in between packs and reglue when needed it's manageable.

IMG_9711.JPG
IMG_1009.JPG

The Max6 4985 combo is noticeably more powerful than the BLX system, and the delivery is smoother throughout the entire throttle range. I have had it in both my Outcast and V3 Talion and the diffs hold up well to the abuse I've put them through. Tires on the other hand have been struggling to stay glued to the wheel, but that's more of a gearing decision on my behalf. Once you gear for the upper 70's to low 80s (mph) range and start hitting long stretches of wide open throttle, the tires will inevitably start to come unglued. As long as you stay on top of tire maintenance in between packs and reglue when needed it's manageable.

View attachment 45718View attachment 45719
I agree with the tire comment. The diffs so far have been holding up really well. HR steering hubs are a must in my view for this upgrade the weight and speed the plastic would give to much and with the 4965 we aren’t trying to keep the rig light. Great upgrade for the money and so far really happen with it. The max6 fan is weak, but everyone already knew that.

I've been beating on this system since April and haven't had any issues with hubs or any plastic parts yet. Then again I only added 1.15lbs over the stock weight with all the upgrades (m2c/hr braces/bumpers/skid plates/ GPS, etc) and tried to keep weight in mind throughout the build.
Talion geared 22/46 & Outcast 20/50
IMG_1060.JPG

I've been beating on this system since April and haven't had any issues with hubs or any plastic parts yet. Then again I only added 1.15lbs over the stock weight with all the upgrades (m2c/hr braces/bumpers/skid plates/ GPS, etc) and tried to keep weight in mind throughout the build.
Talion geared 22/46 & Outcast 20/50
View attachment 45721
What packs do you run in the outcast with that? Did you notice run time changing a lot from stock or did you ever run stock long enough to have an idea?

I run that system too. Keeping tires on rims is tough and it needs a fan system which you need to make up yourself if you want to gear it up. I run the stock hubs no problem. Difs seem ok. Really changes the Kraton into a nasty basher. Run time doesn’t seem much less if any than my Outcast or Typhon with blx.

What packs do you run in the outcast with that? Did you notice run time changing a lot from stock or did you ever run stock long enough to have an idea?
I run Powerhobby 6s 5200mah 75c packs and didn't notice much a difference in run time over the BLX system

That's even more of a beast than my HS 1650 kv 4082 motor?

Shame that motor wouldn't fit in my Tekno as the diameter is too large.

I run Powerhobby 6s 5200mah 75c packs and didn't notice much a difference in run time over the BLX system
That's awesome and crazy at the same time. So much more capable, but doesn't consume more power.

I'm still pretty content with the stock stuff in my outcast, but good to know if I really want to run a 15T speeds vs 13T to avoid overheating... I have options. :) Will be like $250 to pick up 5-8 mph. I know I can go higher with that setup, but I don't need it... need... such a strange phrase to use with this hobby. lol!

That's awesome and crazy at the same time. So much more capable, but doesn't consume more power.

I'm still pretty content with the stock stuff in my outcast, but good to know if I really want to run a 15T speeds vs 13T to avoid overheating... I have options. :) Will be like $250 to pick up 5-8 mph. I know I can go higher with that setup, but I don't need it... need... such a strange phrase to use with this hobby. lol!
tires are the limiting factor in the Outcast with this system ?
IMG_1159.PNG

nice set up. how did you mount the dual fans - who makes those?

Haha. Ok cool - now you have me thinking about purchasing a CAD/CNC. I knew this hobby would start to cost me! ?
In the meantime I’m using Yeah Racing dual fan on my BLX set up- and it’s been working quite well - very noticeable temp drop. But still looking for a good fan for when I switch to the MAX6 combo..

Attachments

• 450A265E-1FD5-49A8-A7DD-444B7162B5D3.jpeg
    450A265E-1FD5-49A8-A7DD-444B7162B5D3.jpeg
    371.3 KB · Views: 121
Haha. Ok cool - now you have me thinking about purchasing a CAD/CNC. I knew this hobby would start to cost me! ?
In the meantime I’m using Yeah Racing dual fan on my BLX set up- and it’s been working quite well - very noticeable temp drop. But still looking for a good fan for when I switch to the MAX6 combo..

That looks like a sick build. Yeah if you are going off road get a screen for that Max6 fan blades broke after the first run.

No need for expensive cnc. If you have space and are patient, great used manual machine tools can be had for very cheap. Hardest/expensive part is moving them. Bridgeport mill, swivel vise, band saw and some time you can make nearly anything for and rc car.
BDC723FF-CEA1-483E-B05F-FB07FB4D4557.jpeg
2B66AEB4-CAEE-41FC-8F40-ABCE8BA50444.jpeg

Hey mate I have a talion also with this combo. How did you fit the motor im having trouble with the diameter. Tossing up whether to grind down the fins on the engine or put shims under the motor bracket.

Do you have an older talion with a non sliding mount. The newer v4 mount fits this motor no problem. You can find them for around 20$. Don’t grind on the motor.
https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...-motor-sliding-outcast-kraton-typhon-ar106048
Yeah older one I saw someone shimmed theirs so I did that for now. I will order the engine mount tonight. That motor is ridiculous brand new pre glued tyres just got ripped clean off ? pre drilled bandlands. Using an 18t pinion till my fans arrive.

20201225_151617.jpg

20201225_151627.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back