Infraction Hobbywing 4985

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got an infraction and I was wondering if the hobbywing 4985 will fit the stock motor mount?
Yes. I had to swing a small plastic piece out of the way in order to slide my motor in, but then the plastic piece swings right back into place. Just a couple of screws.

Now to figure out gearing. Thanks again for the help and please if anyone has any suggestions let me know.

I’m not sure what the biggest pinion you can fit in the motor mount that mates to the stock 46t spur in order to keep a center diff, but a 27/46 would get you about 71mph. If you swapped out the center diff with a spool from the limitless you can gear up a lot higher.
I guess it depends on keeping the diff or running a spool for your target speed

Ok cool. I haven't ran it yet bu I have a 20 tooth on it now. Is there any aftermarket mounts that will allow bigger pinions while keeping the center diff?

Ok cool. I haven't ran it yet bu I have a 20 tooth on it now. Is there any aftermarket mounts that will allow bigger pinions while keeping the center diff?
There is an adapter you can get to run the hot racing spool gears on your motor,so it all depends on how much gear you want. I have those combos on both my cars and plan to try a 40 tooth pinion with a 34 spool on my typhon,

I’m not sure what the biggest pinion you can fit in the motor mount that mates to the stock 46t spur in order to keep a center diff, but a 27/46 would get you about 71mph. If you swapped out the center diff with a spool from the limitless you can gear up a lot higher.
I guess it depends on keeping the diff or running a spool for your target speed
If you keep the 27/46 gearing and run 8s with the max5 esc/1650kv motor combo, you can hit 100-101mph (using 6500mah 100c 4s batteries) with BSR foam tires.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back