Hobbywing comparison

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fpvmiller

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Just curious and wanted to get opinions.

I see the max6/max8 from hobbywing always recommended as the goto esc. Makes me wonder if my xr8 plus/xr8 sct is not up to the task.

Admittedly they are giving me no troubles overall but I'm curious.

According to this hobbywing comparison the xr8 and max8 are essentially the same minus a few minor differences.
1. Sensorless vs Sensored/Sensorless Hybrid
2. Waterproof vs Not
3. Set button programming vs Not

So curiosity is bugging me :unsure:

That's a good thread. My takeaway is that the max series is waterproof (xr8 is not) and is what is used as a rebrand for the blx series. So, people recommending the max series is like "upgrading" the blx esc (limited programming).

Beyond that (and waterproof) is that really the big differences from the xr8 and max series? I'm guessing so. I'm thoroughly enjoying my xr8 escs. Like I said, curiosity was bugging me :)

Xr8 is used for racing. Same with xr10. They compete with Tekin and other brands that you really don’t see in the bashing community. Xr10 also has many flavors for stock and mod racing.

Xr8 is used for racing. Same with xr10. They compete with Tekin and other brands that you really don’t see in the bashing community. Xr10 also has many flavors for stock and mod racing.
I have an XR8 plus, 2 Max6s, 2 Tekin RX8s (G2, G3), and the Tekin may get bashed on for being "finicky", but honestly on 4S in my truggy I can just dust the XR8+ in my buggy. It's a good esc, but if Hobbywing wants to take their game to the next level, they're going to need to up their data logging game. That's why the Tekin is so popular.

I had actually been used to tekin motors being recommended more than their escs (for the price).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back