Kraton Hobbywing cooling fan vs Caslte

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kauaiguy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
image.jpeg
I had the Caslte motor cooling fan installed and it's just not very effective,maybe 10 degrees f lower than without.Just installed the Hobbywing fan,much more air movement and the motor temps stay down,haven't been able to get the motor over 120f. The Hobbywing fan is for 44mm diameter motors so i had to reform the heatsink with a vise until i got a round snug fit over the motor can( tight fit).

View attachment 3575 I had the Caslte motor cooling fan installed and it's just not very effective,maybe 10 degrees f lower than without.Just installed the Hobbywing fan,much more air movement and the motor temps stay down,haven't been able to get the motor over 120f. The Hobbywing fan is for 44mm diameter motors so i had to reform the heatsink with a vise until i got a round snug fit over the motor can( tight fit).
very nice!! I have a castle fan I just got and my temps are down they were not bad before... I run 14 tooth with badlands currently, I did run a 16 tooth without a fan and my temps were borderline never over 170 but that's almost at cutoff point.

I have that fan and heatsink. It works awesome. However.... I setup my Kraton to not need it for now.

I have that fan and heatsink. It works awesome. However.... I setup my Kraton to not need it for now.
The beaches i run on are at 140f degrees and the chassis picks up that heat, needed something.

I agree, the cc fan and plastic heatsink just don't get the job done. The plastic heatsink doesn't draw heat as well as metal which is defeating the purpose .

I agree, the cc fan and plastic heatsink just don't get the job done. The plastic heatsink doesn't draw heat as well as metal which is defeating the purpose .
aluminum heat sinks work awesome. They work even better if they are flat black and not a glossy finish. Heat transfer tape or paste between the motor and heat sink is good also.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back