Hobbywing ESC Comparison

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simon

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
Hello,

I'm think of getting a new ESC for my Kraton 6S and am looking at getting an OEM Hobbywing from aliexpress due to the good price.

Can anyone tell me the key differences between the max 8 and the 8BL150?

All I can really see is whether it is programmable using a card and whether the firmware is upgradeable.

The Max 8 costs 50% more but spec wise doesn't seem that different.

Max 8
https://a.aliexpress.com/_msjRFN5

8BL150
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNddbAX

Thanks

Simon

I'm fairly new to RC'ing, but I've been looking at ESC upgrade options for my Kraton 6s v4 also.

Both are programmable with a card, but also programmable with the set button next to the power button.

The difference comes in the number of features and what you can adjust.

The Max 8 has a few features that may be of interest:
- Most notably the 7.4V BEC capability. If you would like to install a more powerful servo down the road, this will give you more options.
- It also has it's own overheating protection, don't kill your ESC basically
- The brake force adjustability range might be interesting, although I think this is more for racing setups.

Me personally, I would go for the Max 8, and it is the one I have my eye on as well as a future upgrade.

The Max8 is a little bit beefier than the Quicrun and had more programming options, like the adjustable voltage.
If you have no heat issues and are planning to run stock motor and servo (non High Voltage) I would go for the Quicrun. If case you are planning for more powerful future setups I would go for Max6 due to the very small price difference between Max8 and Max6. Note that Quicrun has 4mm connectors and Max8 or Max6 have larger connectors.
I have a Quicrun in my DR8 and the Kraton V4 esc is also said a rebranded Quicrun. The biggest you can run is a 4082 motor (some have no issues running that with stock esc). If you are planning a 4092 or 4985 for example, go for Max6.
Just my 2 cents.

^ I was going to say that also. You might as well get a max6 to have some breathing room so to speak. You won't have to upgrade twice as well if you go bigger in near future. That's what I'm going to do in my mojave and put in a bigger can motor (4585).

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back