HobbyWing LED Program Card - Price within 5% of it's lowest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crimsonfancy

A guy that won't give up easily.
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Mojave
  5. Notorious
  6. Talion
  7. Typhon 6s
Just curious, why is this necessary on these models when you can adjust punch settings and other options easily with the radio itself?

Edit: Nvm.. I guess you'd need it if you weren't using the tactic radio/receiver. Stupid question lol.

Changing things with the program card is a bajillion times easier than counting flashes and listening to beeps.

According to the option on the front, yes :)
Capture.JPG

Changing things with the program card is a bajillion times easier than counting flashes and listening to beeps.
Does it plug directly into the esc or do you have to open the receiver box up and plug it in there. Never used one before :).
I ordered one anyways just to have one. :D

Can you change LVC with this?
You can only change the options that are available in the esc. So you can only turn it off and on.

According to the option on the front, yes :)
View attachment 27311

Does it plug directly into the esc or do you have to open the receiver box up and plug it in there. Never used one before :).
I ordered one anyways just to have one. :D
It plugs right into the fan port on the esc.

You can only change the options that are available in the esc. So you can only turn it off and on.

Dang, thanks. I was hoping that functionality might be exposed with the card.

Forum member @razorrc I believe has done some research with this card. Forgive me if I'm not crediting the right forum member.
Many options on the card are not supported for BLX systems. Apparently they are "locked" as I've seen written?
Many members use alternate HW escs however so I figured it would be useful to some if I posted. I can't find mine so may have to get another one.
Finally, I'm assuming we may also have members that occasionally run different brands of vehicles (even though they certainly love Arrma first ;))
I have a redcat MT10E esc (HW rebranded) on the classified section for cheap and this card works to make all changes in my personal experience. :) Use the external fan port.

There are only 5 adjustments supported in the BLX100 ESC. Nothing is locked or whatever, that's just what the ESC has in it.

You can either adjust it with the beeps and LEDs, or you can use this program card to adjust the 5. Check out your BLX100 manual for more info on those adjustments.

And to answer other questions, Punch, etc. are NOT adjustable via the Tactic radio. The radio doesn't do anything other than send some number between 0 and 100 for the throttle/brake and for the steering (probably -100 to 100). That's it, there's no smart communication or anything going on, it just sends it a number for throttle and steering.

Oh yea, for some reason I forgot you do that all on the esc itself and not through the radio system. My bad :D
Glad I ordered one though. I'm looking to get an ET410 kit sometime in the near future and will prob end up putting a hobbywing ezrun esc/motor combo in there to start out as well so it'll be nice to be ahead of the game. :)

I got one for free. :) It came with the WP1080 I put in one of my crawlers. Haven't plugged it into my BLX185 yet though.
It'd be awesome if someone could figure out how to flash the firmware with 'official' HW to unlock its features. Someone figured out a few years ago that a Traxxas ET3-S, used in the funny car, was a Castle MMP under the surface and figured out how to flash it (and I have done it for my SCX10 Dingo) using CastleLink.

So.. did anyone else order one from this seller (Walkera RC Model) and not get it? Mine was apparently delivered to Stockton California from China, even though my listed address is correct and in NEW HAMPSHIRE. I could have sworn it was a 'fullfilled by amazon' when I ordered it. I doubt it's even a real hobbywing and is prob a cheap chinese knockoff whoever got my product...

Awaiting word after contacting the seller through amazons system for a full refund which they better give me.
ONCE AGAIN an order issue to add to the long list with Amazon. WHY am I not surprised at this. :mad:

I ordred a ton of parts recently from Amazon and they all showed up in 2-3 days and we're correct. They even delivered to me on Sunday, which was cool. When I buy from Amazon I make sure it's either from them or a reputable RC shop like St. Louis RC. I'm sorry they are calling short for you and I hope you get your money back.

I have not received mine either
So.. did anyone else order one from this seller (Walkera RC Model) and not get it? Mine was apparently delivered to Stockton California from China, even though my listed address is correct and in NEW HAMPSHIRE. I could have sworn it was a 'fullfilled by amazon' when I ordered it. I doubt it's even a real hobbywing and is prob a cheap chinese knockoff whoever got my product...

Awaiting word after contacting the seller through amazons system for a full refund which they better give me.
ONCE AGAIN an order issue to add to the long list with Amazon. WHY am I not surprised at this. :mad:
Mine shows delivered to California to. I contacted them. Hopefully they will straighten it out.

I have not received mine either

Mine shows delivered to California to. I contacted them. Hopefully they will straighten it out.

They claim "i was given the wrong tracking number" and updated my info. I still smell something fishy here though. I hope it's not a cheap chinese knockoff. I'm not gonna screw up my ESC by using one of those. I might just return it if it actually comes and order one from a proper US vendor...

They claim "i was given the wrong tracking number" and updated my info. I still smell something fishy here though. I hope it's not a cheap chinese knockoff. I'm not gonna screw up my ESC by using one of those. I might just return it if it actually comes and order one from a proper US vendor...

Castle has a Bluetooth adapter that plugs into their sensored ESC's. You then use an app on your phone to program it. It's like $50. I've been dying to try it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back