HobbyWing LED Program Card - Price within 5% of it's lowest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forum member @razorrc I believe has done some research with this card. Forgive me if I'm not crediting the right forum member.
Many options on the card are not supported for BLX systems. Apparently they are "locked" as I've seen written?
Many members use alternate HW escs however so I figured it would be useful to some if I posted. I can't find mine so may have to get another one.
Finally, I'm assuming we may also have members that occasionally run different brands of vehicles (even though they certainly love Arrma first ;))
I have a redcat MT10E esc (HW rebranded) on the classified section for cheap and this card works to make all changes in my personal experience. :) Use the external fan port.
So If i change the punch its not work if i have tactic radio. It’s not change nothing?
There are only 5 adjustments supported in the BLX100 ESC. Nothing is locked or whatever, that's just what the ESC has in it.

You can either adjust it with the beeps and LEDs, or you can use this program card to adjust the 5. Check out your BLX100 manual for more info on those adjustments.

And to answer other questions, Punch, etc. are NOT adjustable via the Tactic radio. The radio doesn't do anything other than send some number between 0 and 100 for the throttle/brake and for the steering (probably -100 to 100). That's it, there's no smart communication or anything going on, it just sends it a number for throttle and steering.

So if i have tactic radio on my typhon and change the punch through the esc it’s not change nothing ?

Last edited:
So If i change the punch its not work if i have tactic radio. It’s not change nothing?

So if i have tactic radio on my typhon and change the punch through the esc it’s not change nothing ?

You can change the punch using the beeps on the esc and it will work with any radio. You cannot use a card or the radio to change the setting though on the BLX esc. You can watch this video or read in the model instruction guide.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/media/arrma-punch-settings-step-by-step-guide.549/

Hey @crimsonfancy just trying to verify the statement...

I have a Program Card I use to change the settings on all my BLX185 ESC's!? Plug it into the same power jst for the ESC fan, turn on the power and the Program Card powers on up. Select set the value to what you want. Am I missing something? The BLX100's not allow that, BLX185's do?? Apologies, not trying to be rude or anything, just trying to understand!!

I have a Program Card I use to change the settings on all my BLX185 ESC's!? Plug it into the same power jst for the ESC fan, turn on the power and the Program Card powers on up. Select set the value to what you want. Am I missing something? The BLX100's not allow that, BLX185's do?? Apologies, not trying to be rude or anything, just trying to understand!!
@razorrc

It should work the same way :unsure:

Limited settings can be changed for BLX is my understanding but not all. I've not tried with Arrma BLX.
With the hexfly esc I burned up in my Redcat MT10E, I believe could change everything. Or at least everything I wanted to change but I think it was all settings. Hexfly esc is not "locked" (like they say Arrma BLX is) and works just like standard HobbyWing.
Both BLX and Hexfly are rebranded HobbyWing unless Im mistaken.
I think I used the fan port and didn't have to get inside of the rx box on the Hexfly. It plugs in the fan port externally and powers up.
I've misplaced my card so can't try and can't remember what brand it is. I think it's either a HobbyWing or knockoff.
Don't know if this is helpful lol. If it isn't please let me know and I will try to expound. I'll also look for the program card.

Ok, I'm picking up what you're putting down now! Yea it works through the ESC fan power port and will only let you change the same settings that you can do with listening to the beeps and pressing the button.

I know BLX isn't as programmable as say Castle ESCs, but being able to plug those Castle ones into a computer USB port, I feel they should have access for changes.

I thought I was reading the program cards don't work at all on the BLX Systems, just operator error with reading!! Thanks for the clarification!

Ok, I'm picking up what you're putting down now! Yea it works through the ESC fan power port and will only let you change the same settings that you can do with listening to the beeps and pressing the button.

I know BLX isn't as programmable as say Castle ESCs, but being able to plug those Castle ones into a computer USB port, I feel they should have access for changes.

I thought I was reading the program cards don't work at all on the BLX Systems, just operator error with reading!! Thanks for the clarification!

I don't think they'll allow *everything that can be done with beeps but maybe some. The only accessible settings are ones we can change with beeps. On BLX, we don't have *all that access with a program card.
I can't define which we have available with the card but now I'm motivated to find my card and try to see. ?

edit: not sure personally if *any access with the card but others say it could be possible.

Well I know the card will allow changes with the menu from the Manual. Braking, punch, LVC is always set no changing that, running mode and motor rotation.

Nothing more then that, seems the same as if we did it with audible and pressing the button directly on the ESC

The firmware on the BLX escs is locked and you can only access these settings, there is no way to unlock or change settings that are not listed here.
1dsfgdrt3w45.jpg

I went to find my card and still having trouble yet. I'm determined.
Meantime text voting at Dancing With The Stars? Crayz huh? Wish I could dance. Still no TV...only having fun

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back