Hobbywing max 10 SCT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BRUK

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
Hi all,
I have a BRCC and am looking at upgrades. Is the hobbywing max10 SCT 120a Esc much of an upgrade over the stock Esc? What advantages does it have over the stock ESC (except for more amps)?
I'm just trying to figure out if it's worth upgrading or just wait until the stock one dies.
My next question is would the 3660 3200kv hobbywing motor be any better than the stock motor? If its better quality, would it run more efficiently?
I'm running the stock 15 tooth pinion and stock wheels.
Apologese if these seem like dumb questions, just looking to learn!

To your first question yes the Max10 SCT 120a is an upgrade over the stock esc.
Just comparing the programming options of the 2 escs and you will see that the Max10 is a much better esc.
Max10 SCT

BLX100

And I am almost 100% sure that the Arrma motor is just a rebranded Hobbywing so that motor would most likely be exactly the same.

I would advise to stay away from hobby wing there garbage. I just spent 250$ on the max 10 sct combo with 4000kv motor in a bandit. And my Arrma sct bls on nimh battery is Wat faster then the max 10 on 3s lipo. I turned down a momba max pro for this and I'm regretting it bad. I'llpersonally never use another no name motor again. Got over 1000$ into this bandit and a brushed motor is faster whatta let down

I would advise to stay away from hobby wing there garbage. I just spent 250$ on the max 10 sct combo with 4000kv motor in a bandit. And my Arrma sct bls on nimh battery is Wat faster then the max 10 on 3s lipo. I turned down a momba max pro for this and I'm regretting it bad. I'llpersonally never use another no name motor again. Got over 1000$ into this bandit and a brushed motor is faster whatta let down

Not sure if serious.....

I'm serious. In all my years rcing I've now bought 2 hobbywing combos both were garbage. I know Arrma is hobbywing but it dint say hobby wing. I'll never buy anything that don't say castle on it anymore my lhs was pushing these combos like crazy.told me insane speed yeah b's unless I just get poop quality ones. But I won't spend any money on a hobbywing esc ofr motor

Seems there is an industry wide quality problem lately making me think it's time to go play with something else because everytime I go out to play I'm Comming home dissapinted

Are you sure you installed it right? Better question, does it seem like it's running about half as fast as it should?

In me typhon 3s Iam running stock motor blx 3660 with ezrun max 10sct and its much better like stock esc for me. I did not have any issues with blx 100 esc.

Alright I'll take the bait.
  1. If you paid $250 for a Max10 SCT combo I sure hope they at least used some lube before they raped you.
  2. How the hell do you spend $1,000 on a Bandit? Even going full FLM I wasn't even at that much when building a Rustler. I guess if you got raped on the Max10 combo you must have been raped on everything else you purchased as well.....................

Slick is correct. It’s either a lie or you actually paid way too much.

If you are telling the truth, there’s probably an error in how you installed it. While yes the mamba max pro is a far superior esc in terms of raw power, the max10sct will be more than enough to make your truck absolutely fly, so something is wrong on your end.

Also no way in hell you put $1k into the bandit. The truck itself is like $150, and you’re putting a max10sct in it for $250 (which is about twice of what it should be) so you’re looking at $400... you know what if you paid how you did for your max-10 sct for everything else I wouldn’t doubt it.

Slick is correct. It’s either a lie or you actually paid way too much.

If you are telling the truth, there’s probably an error in how you installed it. While yes the mamba max pro is a far superior esc in terms of raw power, the max10sct will be more than enough to make your truck absolutely fly, so something is wrong on your end.

Also no way in hell you put $1k into the bandit. The truck itself is like $150, and you’re putting a max10sct in it for $250 (which is about twice of what it should be) so you’re looking at $400... you know what if you paid how you did for your max-10 sct for everything else I wouldn’t doubt it.
Right, I was going to build an Emaxx from scratch using nothing but aftermarket upgrades and it was only $1,800.

Not awesome news for me if this is true... I just bought the HW Max10 SCT/3200kv combo to put in my stampede 4x4 in place of my castle sct sv3/3800kv. The motor shaft snapped off today on the 3800kv. I had been running 2S until recently and I'm pretty sure running 3S this summer when it's 75F+ outside, I'd have been having overheating issues with the castle system. So, was figuring the max10 sct/3200 would be a good choice to replace it.

I paid $150 for the esc/motor and program box, shipped. I paid $100 shipped for my last castle sct sv3/3800kv I bought on ebay in September. Think I paid a bit more for the one in my stampede. I already had the castle field card as I bought that when I got my ERBEv1, otherwise it would have been $120 for one of the castle systems to include that.

As for the motor temp sensor, does the combo esc/motor come with the wire for that? I see it mentioned in the description that there's a port for it and it will work with the max10 sct esc, but none of the photo's show the cable. Do I need to buy that separate?

Not awesome news for me if this is true... I just bought the HW Max10 SCT/3200kv combo to put in my stampede 4x4 in place of my castle sct sv3/3800kv. The motor shaft snapped off today on the 3800kv. I had been running 2S until recently and I'm pretty sure running 3S this summer when it's 75F+ outside, I'd have been having overheating issues with the castle system. So, was figuring the max10 sct/3200 would be a good choice to replace it.

I paid $150 for the esc/motor and program box, shipped. I paid $100 shipped for my last castle sct sv3/3800kv I bought on ebay in September. Think I paid a bit more for the one in my stampede. I already had the castle field card as I bought that when I got my ERBEv1, otherwise it would have been $120 for one of the castle systems to include that.
Was that the 1410 1Y?
I seriously wouldn't worry about it.

Last edited:

As for the motor temp sensor, does the combo esc/motor come with the wire for that? I see it mentioned in the description that there's a port for it and it will work with the max10 sct esc, but none of the photo's show the cable. Do I need to buy that separate?
On top of what they said, keep in mind the max-10sct and Sidewinder 3 are way different in capability. A Sidewinder 3 is for lightweight 2wd short course trucks, and a max10sct is for heavy 4x4 sct’s and low end 8th scale buggies, so there’s going to be a price difference.

This is why I recommend the Sidewinder 8th combo to so many people. If you look around you can find the esc and motor for $140-150 and now you’re talking about an 8th scale monster truck system.

Hey, if I’m buying a max10sct for $20 less than a system that can handle trucks of so much higher caliper and 6s voltage, I’m paying that $20.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back