Hobbywing max 10 SCT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need to add it to mine then. Sounds like I was running mine the same as yours and my temps were way above 130. Thanks for the reply.
I second the fan recommendation. I will say, as long as your motor is below 180 degrees it’s fine.

Im tryna see the difference between the max10 5400kv vs the max10sct 5400kv combo, its now on sale for 100$, i want to put it in my wrx spirit n1.

Im tryna see the difference between the max10 5400kv vs the max10sct 5400kv combo, its now on sale for 100$, i want to put it in my wrx spirit n1.
Max10= Not good, max10 SCT is actually decent. Like a max10 is flat out unusable.

Last edited:
we recently upgraded my sons slash ultimate with the max10 sct and 3660 3200kv and really like it. it is definitely faster than the stock slash and is a bit quicker than the stock senton v3 with the same exact gearing and batteries. seems to be a good combo for the money so far and no over heating issues like we had with the stock velineon motor.

Max10= sh!t, max10 SCT is actually decent. Like a max10 is flat out unusable.
The Max10 is good for 1/10 2wd vehicles, but for anything 1/10 4wd the Max10 SCT 120a is great, the 80a Max10 SCT RTR is okay, I had one in my Stampede 4x4 and depending on what batteries I would run the motor would cut out when trying to punch it, switched to a Hex10(Max10 SCT 120a rebrand) I have not had the motor cutting out problem.

wait fr? i was about to order it with a 3652notor and saw alot of good rewiews. maaan everythings messed up now
You want the Max10 SCT 3660 3200kv combo.

wait fr? i was about to order it with a 3652notor and saw alot of good rewiews. maaan everythings messed up now
Yeah man. Sorry ab the language by the way, I was having a rough day and that reply was pretty bad. But you really don’t want a max10. Gotta get the SCT.
You want the Max10 SCT 3660 3200kv combo.

This is wise words^

Hi Guys, maybe you all can help me out.

I have a HW Max10 SCT in my 3S Senton, have only run a few 2S packs through it since installed, and now it wont turn on. No matter what I do, it wont turn on. I removed the cap on the switch, looked clean inside.

Tried different batteries, tried un-plugging the motor wires, tried cleaning the battery terminals in the EC5 connector. Tried to hook up my program box to it. Nothing works.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Thanks for the help!

Hi Guys, maybe you all can help me out.

I have a HW Max10 SCT in my 3S Senton, have only run a few 2S packs through it since installed, and now it wont turn on. No matter what I do, it wont turn on. I removed the cap on the switch, looked clean inside.

Tried different batteries, tried un-plugging the motor wires, tried cleaning the battery terminals in the EC5 connector. Tried to hook up my program box to it. Nothing works.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Thanks for the help!
RIP. If you can try to make a warranty claim through Hobbywing. Unless you bought it direct from Hobbywing or from an authorized dealer you are sol.

Ok, dam man.

I bought it from Hub Hobby, my local hobby shop up here in Minnesota.
Most local hobby stores are authorized, so as long as you have a receipt you should be golden.

On top of what they said, keep in mind the max-10sct and Sidewinder 3 are way different in capability. A Sidewinder 3 is for lightweight 2wd short course trucks, and a max10sct is for heavy 4x4 sct’s and low end 8th scale buggies, so there’s going to be a price difference.

This is why I recommend the Sidewinder 8th combo to so many people. If you look around you can find the esc and motor for $140-150 and now you’re talking about an 8th scale monster truck system.

Hey, if I’m buying a max10sct for $20 less than a system that can handle trucks of so much higher caliper and 6s voltage, I’m paying that $20.
I'm running a Sidewinder 4 in my Granite. Works beautifully. Does wheelies for days now. And that's only on 2S. Haven't even tried 3S on it yet

I'm running a Sidewinder 4 in my Granite. Works beautifully. Does wheelies for days now. And that's only on 2S. Haven't even tried 3S on it yet
My only gripe with the SW4 is that it only has a 5v BEC. Most servos are rated at 6v so your servo will get a performance hit.

Slick is correct. It’s either a lie or you actually paid way too much.

If you are telling the truth, there’s probably an error in how you installed it. While yes the mamba max pro is a far superior esc in terms of raw power, the max10sct will be more than enough to make your truck absolutely fly, so something is wrong on your end.

Also no way in hell you put $1k into the bandit. The truck itself is like $150, and you’re putting a max10sct in it for $250 (which is about twice of what it should be) so you’re looking at $400... you know what if you paid how you did for your max-10 sct for everything else I wouldn’t doubt it.
The ESC’s brand name and specs don’t make a truck faster or slower than another…the motor and battery do!…
I like to think of an adjustable opening or gateway when describing the function of an ESC. The higher the Amp rating of an ESC, the less likely it is to fail or blow (or catch fire) when it’s being pushed beyond its limits. If an ESC is continuing to function with said motor day after day after day, using the batteries you prefer, then you’re good to go! Also, Hobbywing makes great stuff and I trust their QC as well as their customer service so much that I’m a reseller of their drone product line. Hope this helps.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back