Hobbywing MAX 4. 12S ESC!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The new G2 Max8 is very attractive. I hope they come out with a new Max6, that would be sweet. The Max4 is probably best suited as a replacement ESC for full scale EV use. Like my Tesla Max4 "fireball" edition, with the flame paint job coming out from under the hood...

This thing is truly HUGE. 6lbs 3oz weight of the motor and ESC 😱

Now add a 4000 mAh battery to the weight of the system... What's that, five more pounds? Speedrun 12s Lim, all up weight 26 lbs, coming soon to a rear bumper near you!

Now add a 4000 mAh battery to the weight of the system... What's that, five more pounds? Speedrun 12s Lim, all up weight 26 lbs, coming soon to a rear bumper near you!
I think this is more for off road huge 1/5 Losi DBXLE, 5t etc. Exocaged is going to put it inside his DBXLE 2.0 soon.

I was thinking Most HW users that try to speedrun are "Newbs", so I can speculate they also don't practice safe running procedure on a ladder or on top of a 1:1 car.

More likely a nice 25 lbs hit to the shin bone

1652300514754.png

Man, I thought you guys were standing on the roofs of your cars to depress Fresnel effects and get better radio signal. Now I gotta take that respek back, it's not about RF physics, it's about simple collision physics instead- y'all are just being chicken! Bawk-bawk-bawk!

The ESC looks like a big AC adapter from 1990, or maybe a small toaster, and the motor looks like a 16 ounce can of malt liquor or a downrigger trolling weight. That spur looks like it came off of the output shaft of a GSXR. Those are not RC parts, they're machinery!

The ESC looks like a big AC adapter from 1990, or maybe a small toaster, and the motor looks like a 16 ounce can of malt liquor or a downrigger trolling weight. That spur looks like it came off of the output shaft of a GSXR. Those are not RC parts, they're machinery!
As long as it can take the abuse better than my Castle motors and ESCS like my Max 5 and HW motors do during big jumps and off road bashing, I don't mind the goofy looks 😂

Wow. 66MPH on grass on 12s. That is RIDICULOUS! 😂😂😂

Even faster 89MPH

Last edited:
You want a 12s crawler?🤣
Stock is already powerful enough to pull vehicles and the limit isn’t the rc’s power, but it’s got enough power to destroy itself. All it’ll do is destroy itself faster. If that vehicle needs ANYTHING it’s stronger parts, not more power/weight.
The max4 can probably drive an E bike or skateboard.:LOL:
We know two castle 800kv pushes a human race go kart at over 50 mph if you haven’tseen the video😁

Last edited:
If it's going inside one of those huge 1/5 trucks like the Losi one, I guess it doesn't really matter. At least I think. Those trucks are not really for huge jumps.
Hey buddy, if you can could you express the kv limit per volt? What’s the kv limit
@4s-6s-8s… I have not found these specs yet. Thanks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back