Hobbywing Max 4 with 70125 in extended K8S mounting question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bracco

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Whats going on Arrma team. Weather has been nice again so have been spending time wrenchin and playing a little with the Kratons. I grabbed the new HW Max 4 and 70125 when I saw it was released and will probably find a permanent home for it when I pickup a DBLX or 5iveT. For now I have my Kraton 8S setups and would like to see about making the motor fit. In looking at the dimensions of the Max 4 I don't think I'll have too much of an issue mounting it in the same spot my XLX2 is currently sitting. The 70mm motor though I am not sure how to tackle. It does not look like there is a good option for putting a can of this size into any build least to say a Kraton. The length wont be an issue as I have a stretched chassis on order. Regarding options for mounting a motor that large, does anyone have any thoughts on what the best way to go about getting this motor properly fitted to the truck? I am open to having something custom made if necessary, just don't know who to ask to do that sort of thing. I saw KT put this motor in his new speed build with the new modern art masterpiece from scorched parts, however that is made to work with the 6S lineup and I'd prefer to not put new holes through my chassis. Thanks boys (n girls)!

IMG_1814.JPG

I was wondering the same thing.... I have the max 4 in the dbxl-e now with the Hobbstar 56112 580k or 560k?... I'll finally have the 70125 tomorrow!!! So that was one thing I was going to look at on the kraton before I mounted it up to the dbxl-e... exactly what needs to be done? I'll keep us posted... Mike
20220731_153426.jpg
20220731_153353.jpg
20220731_151141.jpg

Whats going on Arrma team. Weather has been nice again so have been spending time wrenchin and playing a little with the Kratons. I grabbed the new HW Max 4 and 70125 when I saw it was released and will probably find a permanent home for it when I pickup a DBLX or 5iveT. For now I have my Kraton 8S setups and would like to see about making the motor fit. In looking at the dimensions of the Max 4 I don't think I'll have too much of an issue mounting it in the same spot my XLX2 is currently sitting. The 70mm motor though I am not sure how to tackle. It does not look like there is a good option for putting a can of this size into any build least to say a Kraton. The length wont be an issue as I have a stretched chassis on order. Regarding options for mounting a motor that large, does anyone have any thoughts on what the best way to go about getting this motor properly fitted to the truck? I am open to having something custom made if necessary, just don't know who to ask to do that sort of thing. I saw KT put this motor in his new speed build with the new modern art masterpiece from scorched parts, however that is made to work with the 6S lineup and I'd prefer to not put new holes through my chassis. Thanks boys (n girls)!

View attachment 233156
What about jacking up the motor mount/diff holder by putting some shims between chassis and said components?

What about jacking up the motor mount/diff holder by putting some shims between chassis and said components?
Thats a great idea. I didnt consider that. I'll see if i can mock something up with my spare chassis and see how close to fitting it can get.
I was wondering the same thing.... I have the max 4 in the dbxl-e now with the Hobbstar 56112 580k or 560k?... I'll finally have the 70125 tomorrow!!! So that was one thing I was going to look at on the kraton before I mounted it up to the dbxl-e... exactly what needs to be done? I'll keep us posted... Mike

Hopefully someone in the aftermarket community decides to make a bolt up solution. I think the length of the motor being what it is, there might not be any support for the larger diameter as the length will still cause issues.

I suggest not to do the max4 combo on the Kraton. It is wayyy too much power. I have it on my my dbxle 2.0 and it is insanely fast.

Thank you for the feedback. How heavy is your DBLX-E? My Kraton is pushing 40#s.

I suggest not to do the max4 combo on the Kraton. It is wayyy too much power. I have it on my my dbxle 2.0 and it is insanely fast.
I suspect Jeremy Clarkson would disagree :LOL:

Thats beautiful Niz! I'll be doing the same treatement to a DBXL with the Vitavon upgrades, I've been very happy with everything I've purcahsed from them them so far. Coincidentally my K8S is such a pig because it is running all the M2C and VItavon stuff as well (last few pieces of Vitavon coming). Those are also the same batteries I am using for the Max4 setup. Glad to hear they are pushing your rig with no problems. What gearing are you running in the DBXL and what sort of run time can you get out of those packs? Temps all staying tame I assume?
Niz, is this a temp sensor you are running into your ESC in the first pic with the exposed orange/red 20 gauge showing?

Attachments

• received_1194518218000466.jpeg
    received_1194518218000466.jpeg
    300.5 KB · Views: 58
Running 24T pinion. Temps on the motor were 160F after a pack on a 80F weather. Esc was around 110F absolutely monster of a esc. Too speed on the grass was 76mph.

I am also a fan of vitavon parts and aluminum.
My red themed Kraton 8S and also building my outcast 8S right now.

received_2178030749042441.jpeg

PXL_20220801_004458656.jpg

Running 24T pinion. Temps on the motor were 160F after a pack on a 80F weather. Esc was around 110F absolutely monster of a esc. Too speed on the grass was 76mph.

I am also a fan of vitavon parts and aluminum.
My red themed Kraton 8S and also building my outcast 8S right now.

View attachment 233250

View attachment 233252
That's sexy as fudge.

Only thing I've seen is this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/133377472014?hash=item1f0deab60e:g:h0UAAOSwdxReyDYr&amdata=enc:AQAHAAAA4L+YDrtjoI3bXxFoLbaLTHIuLVDSbv+HX4lq+Gnf3k7ZmEc/ZcC17XRN9IqG2y7fokxgynY8KfZP0+/80aQ57znTiRWeSDQUQd3H57H22B9X+JV6NqTXJ9xNFBpbuPYMApivfCPuR8SsUFkgRIejWKOIDnm+tN+B4Rby1ROW+O+P+dOUUDeQrZHdjFi0pIge8VWA2sPT3bJnN0lAgMhXJ8JAyku2ofyxpegBlmoUIIPZ9X5ptDwGQykfEQuXNGBvrkdsjVFuHJDhIAz7OcL/aTFv9BpSeM52axkQQOGYfcqC|tkp:BFBMtrjhgstg

It flips the motor mount around to allow for huge cans, batteries have to be placed on one side then. There was a member on the forum who installed this for the ztw 12s combo (also a 70mm can), but I can't for the life of me find that thread..
Edit: found it, was the beastpro 300amp esc, and thread with video here: Thread 'Shes done, took forever tho haha!' https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/shes-done-took-forever-tho-haha.36445/

Last edited:
Only thing I've seen is this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/133377472014?hash=item1f0deab60e:g:h0UAAOSwdxReyDYr&amdata=enc:AQAHAAAA4L+YDrtjoI3bXxFoLbaLTHIuLVDSbv+HX4lq+Gnf3k7ZmEc/ZcC17XRN9IqG2y7fokxgynY8KfZP0+/80aQ57znTiRWeSDQUQd3H57H22B9X+JV6NqTXJ9xNFBpbuPYMApivfCPuR8SsUFkgRIejWKOIDnm+tN+B4Rby1ROW+O+P+dOUUDeQrZHdjFi0pIge8VWA2sPT3bJnN0lAgMhXJ8JAyku2ofyxpegBlmoUIIPZ9X5ptDwGQykfEQuXNGBvrkdsjVFuHJDhIAz7OcL/aTFv9BpSeM52axkQQOGYfcqC|tkp:BFBMtrjhgstg

It flips the motor mount around to allow for huge cans, batteries have to be placed on one side then. There was a member on the forum who installed this for the ztw 12s combo (also a 70mm can), but I can't for the life of me find that thread..
Edit: found it, was the beastpro 300amp esc, and thread with video here: Thread 'Shes done, took forever tho haha!' https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/shes-done-took-forever-tho-haha.36445/

I did a ebay scan a couple days ago actually, didnt see anything out of the box. Thank you for suggesting that though, I went ahead and contacted seller to see if they knew if their product would allow for the 70125.

Not sure on the weight but I have all aluminum vitavon upgrades even the chassis so I am sure it over 40 easy.

Also running 2x 6S cnhl 9500mah

View attachment 233241
View attachment 233242
Dude I just had to come back to this thread to appreciate this absolute animal again. It's such a beautiful rig and the power it must have is off the charts. Would you trade for my left leg? Don't really need it

🤔

How Is the condition on the leg? Any broken bones previously? What's the foot size?

Might be able to work something out... 😆
Leg is 26 years old so it has some miles on it, no broken bones but did have to get stitched up one time. Size 10 😂😂

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back