Kraton Hobbywing max 6 and 4985 motor combo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zach

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
I have a V4 Kraton and have heard I may have to shim the motor mounts. Anyone know for sure if I will or won't have to shim to make the motor fit?

Attachments

• 20191126_070007.jpg
    20191126_070007.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 249
The v4 mount will take the 4985 without any shimming or modification. The v3 mounts will need to be raised 2.5mm to fit the 4985
That's what I had heard but just wanted to confirm... Can you recommend a pinion? I'm gonna run 18t at first.. Want to keep my temps lower

You shouldn't have any heat problems with an 18t to start out. Could probably get away with a 20t in the summer before motor fans would be necessary.
Currently running 20t pinion and the Infraction 46t spur in my Kraton with this combo on 8s and it's a monster

You shouldn't have any heat problems with an 18t to start out. Could probably get away with a 20t in the summer before motor fans would be necessary.
Currently running 20t pinion and the Infraction 46t spur in my Kraton with this combo on 8s and it's a monster
Nice. I'm assuming that the rest of the stock 6s drive train is strong enough (dog bones, diffs, etc)? Thanks. So you just slap this motor and esc into the V4 Kraton? Can you use the stock arrma spur gear and 18t pinion?

Nice. I'm assuming that the rest of the stock 6s drive train is strong enough (dog bones, diffs, etc)? Thanks. So you just slap this motor and esc into the V4 Kraton? Can you use the stock arrma spur gear and 18t pinion?
Yep! That's what I'm using stock 50t spur and 18t pinion... No problems at all and a great set up

@Mr.Duke ... Please forgive my stupidity but what are the benefits of using the 46T spur over the 50T..??

I'm looking to monster out my Kraton soon I think..??

@Mr.Duke ... Please forgive my stupidity but what are the benefits of using the 46T spur over the 50T..??

Top end speed at the cost of take off power.

Yep! That's what I'm using stock 50t spur and 18t pinion... No problems at all and a great set up
Nice. Do you bash with that set up? I have a max 6 esc laying around. But I would need to get me a motor. I feel that my Kraton 6s v4 is plenty fast enough for me stock for now. I use it for bashing and jumps mostly. How fast is your setup? Thanks. I also have a 20t pinion. But I guess I'll have to put the 18t one instead for bashing.

Top end speed at the cost of take off power.

I bet he has better acceleration with the taller gears. Brushless motors are weird. The more you load them, the more power they make (up to a point.) Kraton is a big truck, but that motor on 8s can make a shite-ton of power. The down side is motor heat, and potential ESC and Lipo fires. as they try to feed that monster.

Noticeable increase in power allowing you to gear up and run 70+mph without cooking the stock motor or ESC
Nice. I have a max 6 esc but not that motor. I guess if I run the max 6 esc with the stock Arrma motor and 18t pinion it will probably not last long. Hehe. Thanks.

Nice. I have a max 6 esc but not that motor. I guess if I run the max 6 esc with the stock Arrma motor and 18t pinion it will probably not last long. Hehe. Thanks.
I just put a max6 in my outcast with the stock motor so I could go up to 14T vs the 13T to run at the grass bmx track I run at. With 14T, the esc would overheat on me after about 12 minutes. I need just 1T more speed to clear some of the jumps without being "is it going to clear is it going to clear... no... lawn dart". I can clear on 13T, but I have to hit it in just the right spot. 14T gives me a bit more leeway.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back