Infraction Hobbywing max 6???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RcRookie

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Typhon 3s
Hey guys , haven't posted in a while. Quick question, I just ordered a max 6 for my infraction and some ic5 connectors as well as bullet connectors for the motor. My question is I noticed my blx 185 and all other esc come with a splice lead that connects both connectors in a circuit. Will I have to order one as well? Or should I just strip the blx 185 stuff off? I wanted to keep it either to sell or as a backup if I can. Thanks for any help!

P.S I've never soldered anything before. Was going to get my buddy to help me. So I can learn. But I don't wanna butcher it either. Lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200506-213431_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20200506-213431_Facebook.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
I’m a bit confused by your question...

with the max 6 you will have to solder a battery connector to the + and - leads. The max 6 also comes with 10awg wire with 6.5mm male end bullet connectors to plug into the ESC. If you plan to utilize the blx185 motor then you can pickup some 4mm female bullet connectors and solder them on to the 10awg wire provided with the max6 though I’m not totally certain that you can fit 10awg wire into a 4mm bullet connector. I’ve never tried.

Sorry for any confusion. My question was geared towards how do I go about getting that center wire that connects the two ic5s together. The max 6 doesn't appear to come with one and I need it to run two ic5 connectors. The max 6 only has 2 wires coming out of it , one positive and one negative and I would need one more to connect two ic5 together it seems.

If you're referring to dual batteries, they're in series, the circuit goes:

+ of ESC to + of battery 1
- of battery 1 to + of battery 2
- of battery 2 to - of ESC

Last edited:
I added a picture to help show what I'm trying to explain lol. Should of done that at first my bad ?

Yep, all that is, is a connector running one side to the ESC and the other side from battery 1 to battery 2. That specific wire goes from battery to battery ... - of battery 1 to + of battery 2.

So I guess I should just order some 10 awg wire to solder the connectors together? It's my first time having to do this so forgive me

You just have to recreate the circuit if that's not 10 awg wire. If it is, then use that .. just change the ESC.

Lay the circuit you're building right on top of that one and make it look same / same. Keep in mind where the + and - are on the ESC and the batteries. The circuit is:

+ of ESC to + of battery 1
- of battery 1 to + of battery 2
- of battery 2 to - of ESC

You can un solder the IC5 connectors they are pretty easy to remove. Just don't remove the wire from the center that you refer to in the photo. Just make sure your buddy has a real soldering iron and the right solder. On the IC5 you can see Positive and negative marking on the orange pc of the connector. Don't use high heat or you will melt the connector eventually.

You can un solder the IC5 connectors they are pretty easy to remove. Just don't remove the wire from the center that you refer to in the photo. Just make sure your buddy has a real soldering iron and the right solder. On the IC5 you can see Positive and negative marking on the orange pc of the connector. Don't use high heat or you will melt the connector eventually.
That sounds good thanks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back