Hobbywing MAX10 SCT ESC - Issue?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ridgehead44

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hi All,

I hope everyone's staying safe in the cold front that's hit most of the US. I was looking for some assistance. I have the MAX10 SCT motor/ESC combo in my Granite BLX. I ran it about two weeks ago, no issues. I've had it on the bench since then, installing LEDs and trying some wire management. When I went to turn on the vehicle the other day, it doesn't work.

The green light just keeps flashing. It seems to indicate low voltage on the battery. I had steering, the LEDs work, but no throttle. The battery was at storage level. I have another rig, a Red Cat MT10E, with the exact same motor and ESC combo. When I plugged the battery into that vehicle, it powered on, no problem.

I'm going to charge a battery to full capacity and see what happens. The ESC was set to automatically detect low voltage, and maybe that's contributing. If that didn't do anything I figured I could do a factory reset. Any other ideas? Hopefully it didn't die on me. I've only ran a couple of packs through it. Thanks in advance!

Try an ESC reset with the 3 motor leads disconnected and recalibrate Radio with the ESC if possible.
Running in the wet at all?
Also, I think Flashing green is for Thermal cut. Most HW ESC that way. Red is Voltage cut. Read the manual to confirm this.

Try an ESC reset with the 3 motor leads disconnected and recalibrate Radio with the ESC if possible.
Running in the wet at all?
Also, I think Flashing green is for Thermal cut. Most HW ESC that way. Red is Voltage cut. Read the manual to confirm this.

The last time I run it was very dry. I try to avoid water and mud for the most part.

Forgive me, as I am a noob and not mechanically inclined. To reset, it seems I need the transmitter at on, throttle in neutral position, and to hold the Set button? I tried that, but the LEDs didn't change or seem to indicate anything had changed. Am I doing it wrong? Is there a way to factory reset with the programming card? It looks like it's only able to reset the individual settings, but maybe I'm missing something. Thank you again for your help.

A Prog card is best and yes can quickly reset the ESC to factory defaults. But the reset button on the power switch does the same. There is a learning curve for some in doing this. ( without Prog card) Done wrong just gets you into the settings mode. Need to watch the ESC light while pressing/ doing the reset procedure.
Good luck. :) A prog card is always best to have. I have one for all my ESC brands. So easy to adjust settings quickly without the manual.

The last time I run it was very dry. I try to avoid water and mud for the most part.

Forgive me, as I am a noob and not mechanically inclined. To reset, it seems I need the transmitter at on, throttle in neutral position, and to hold the Set button? I tried that, but the LEDs didn't change or seem to indicate anything had changed. Am I doing it wrong? Is there a way to factory reset with the programming card? It looks like it's only able to reset the individual settings, but maybe I'm missing something. Thank you again for your help.
Great that you avoid the wet best you can. 👍 These are not WP like they say.🤷‍♂️
Many guys like wet fun and all. Been there too. No more. Just not worth it in the end. Many threads here recently with bricked ESC's and motors because of the wet. That's why I asked. Good luck.:cool:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back