Hobbywing Max6 In arrma typhon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bananus

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Hi all, I recently got an Arrma typhon V2 and I am sold! Had lots of fun only for the Blx185 Esc to burn out on me.

Now I’m wanting to replace it and I got reconmended the Hobbywing max6 V3.
Now the question is: Will it fit with the servo horn and centre diff?

I think the space is different on the talion, things are moved around a bit, but I think it's the same on the kraton, just more room from the motor mount on back. The outcast and typhon use the same chassis I believe and I just put a max6 in my outcast. I screwed up and mounted the esc too close to the servo, then ground down some of the servo mount (about 3mm) to have a hair of clearance. I shouldn't work on stuff at 1am...

2019-1225-Outcast-Max6-NoSkirtHigh.jpg

I think the space is different on the talion, things are moved around a bit, but I think it's the same on the kraton, just more room from the motor mount on back. The outcast and typhon use the same chassis I believe and I just put a max6 in my outcast. I screwed up and mounted the esc too close to the servo, then ground down some of the servo mount (about 3mm) to have a hair of clearance. I shouldn't work on stuff at 1am...

2019-1225-Outcast-Max6-NoSkirtHigh.jpg
Thanks! I see that you are running the stock motor, I imagine that it runs fine on 6s? The reason I go for the max6 is so it stays cooler (or I hope so) during long running and summer heat. I doubt that I will go on 8s as I’m scared to break the driveline.

Thanks for the anwsers all!

I'm staying with stock for now. As it was, the motor wasn't getting too hot and it had plenty of power, the issue was the esc would overheat with 1 more tooth on the pinion. I'm hoping the larger esc (only 10 more amps, but physically larger) will be able to run as hard as I want to with 1 more tooth on the pinion and not overheat.

I now also have the same motor/esc in my ERBEv2 and I really like it. I haven't driven the outcast with it yet.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back