Hobbywing max8 fan pooped out on me...will these fit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It might not fit that fan is 10.5mm high (I just got one) so just a little higher than a typical 10mm fan. I will tell you that fan pushes some air though. If it won't fit I think you could find some use for it. It's a good fan.

It might not fit that fan is 10.5mm high (I just got one) so just a little higher than a typical 10mm fan. I will tell you that fan pushes some air though. If it won't fit I think you could find some use for it. It's a good fan.
Dude do your fans ever last more than 2 bash sessions? I don't need a fan on my build but I wouldn't hate having one for when I'm wanting to go a bit nuts. I've yet to find a fan that lasts me more than a week and I'm not looking to spend $480 a year on RC fans

Dude do your fans ever last more than 2 bash sessions? I don't need a fan on my build but I wouldn't hate having one for when I'm wanting to go a bit nuts. I've yet to find a fan that lasts me more than a week and I'm not looking to spend $480 a year on RC fans
My Hobbystar aluminum frame fans have been solid

Don't bash real hard so no expert on fan durability. I bought some 30mm esc fans from a seller ibuyrc awhile back for 2.75 a piece and have been using those until recently. Bought a Hudy fan broke it, bought a Muchmore Racing fan broke it, had a Yeah Racing fan broke it. I am trying out the cheaper fans now like the SurpassHobby aluminum fans. Can't give opinion on durability have not had it long enough.

My Hobbystar aluminum frame fans have been solid

Think the Hobbystar and the Surpass are the same thing just the Surpass is cheaper. Hobbystar is just a rebrand name for RCJuice.

Don't bash real hard so no expert on fan durability. I bought some 30mm esc fans from a seller ibuyrc awhile back for 2.75 a piece and have been using those until recently. Bought a Hudy fan broke it, bought a Muchmore Racing fan broke it, had a Yeah Racing fan broke it. I am trying out the cheaper fans now like the SurpassHobby aluminum fans. Can't give opinion on durability have not had it long enough.

Think the Hobbystar and the Surpass are the same thing just the Surpass is cheaper. Hobbystar is just a rebrand name for RCJuice.
I got mine for $9 on sale. If I can get the same fans for less I’m down. I also bought an off brand that looked identical on eBay I think. Haven’t needed it yet. Bought it as a spare.

The fan in my BLX185 is original I believe. Over a year old. If you've seen my videos... I'm not all that easy on my outcast. Not sure why it's holding on...

I've busted fans in my erevo (esc and motor), savage flux (MMX esc), ejato, stampede 4x4 and the motor fan on my outcast. But not my esc fan on the outcast. Guess it's a unicorn!

The fan in my BLX185 is original I believe. Over a year old. If you've seen my videos... I'm not all that easy on my outcast. Not sure why it's holding on...

I've busted fans in my erevo (esc and motor), savage flux (MMX esc), ejato, stampede 4x4 and the motor fan on my outcast. But not my esc fan on the outcast. Guess it's a unicorn!
As effing unicorn as unicorns get

I may have broken one... I vaguely remember replacing it once. Just can't recall if it was mine or my buddies talion last year as he was going through one every other time we met up and I'd buy those 3 for $14 ones, then solder new leads on it and install it for him.

Still, if I only broke one since July of 2018, that's not bad.

I never land hard on hard pack dirt or concrete/pavement. Might be dry ground, but there's grass. I have lawn darted a few times, which tends to jolt the snot out of things.

Like the title says my max8 fan just died on my when i was driving down my street
Found these on alieexpress..and want to know will these fit in the esc aswell?

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/O3lZlepfH

Thanks ans happy bashing

My Max6 fan went out after the first bash so installed a screen a must have in my opinion and then replaced the fan with what I had on hand which was. 3 Piece 3510 Gdstime 5V 2pin 35x35x10mm DC Cooling Fan 35mm brushless C9 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0782RHV3T/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_XWqUDb2JKK7FE

And so far it’s working no issues. These also work in the blx185 escs as well. Good luck and bash on ??

^^^Screen is key. I was breaking fans and trying cushions, o rings and different fans thinking and it was from dropping out of the sky. Pebbles get in there and break the blades or freeze up the fan. The slots are bigger in the max8 and max6 to allow even more and bigger pebbles which is why they break generally faster than the ones in the blx...

Mine broke each time even with a screen door wire mesh screen over the top of it. Each time it was both a blade and the bottom of the frame. I saw someone on here put a shock piston under to support the center which seemed a sensible idea I might try that too.

My Max6 fan went out after the first bash so installed a screen a must have in my opinion and then replaced the fan with what I had on hand which was. 3 Piece 3510 Gdstime 5V 2pin 35x35x10mm DC Cooling Fan 35mm brushless C9 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0782RHV3T/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_XWqUDb2JKK7FE

And so far it’s working no issues. These also work in the blx185 escs as well. Good luck and bash on ??
I had real difficulty finding a replacement 35x35x10 @ 10500rpm so I ordered a 30mm surpass hobbies fan at 28000rpm. Small but mighty I hope. I plan on putting a gauze screen over the top to stop little stones a junk getting in there.
I had real difficulty finding a replacement 35x35x10 @ 10500rpm so I ordered a 30mm surpass hobbies fan at 28000rpm. Small but mighty I hope. I plan on putting a gauze screen over the top to stop little stones a junk getting in there.
The in a blx185 fan fits the max6 perfectly, it's the same cheap as chips fan
Like the title says my max8 fan just died on my when i was driving down my street

Thanks ans happy bashing
Bro I've have that very fan here which I bought especially for the max6 but if I cant get it to fit I'll put it on a motor heat sink so all is not lost... two mins, I'll check if I can mount it on the max6 and get back to you bro

Thanks ans happy bashing
Bro I've have that very fan here which I bought especially for the max6 but if I cant get it to fit I'll put it on a motor heat sink so all is not lost... two mins, I'll check if I can mount it on the max6 and get back to you bro

Last edited:

The in a blx185 fan fits the max6 perfectly, it's the same cheap as chips fan

Right. It will fit the max6 but I need to make the holes in the fan bigger so I can get 4m screws though to secure it to the esc. Should be a similar story with the max8 dude. Am I right in thinking the max8 uses the same fan as the max6, 35x 36x 10mm?

With the 30mm surpass hobbies fan you won't be able to put the esc trim back on I don't think but I'll take functionality over looks any day. 28000rpm is way over the standard 10500rpm fan so it has to be more efficient than stock

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back