Hobbywing Max8 G2 fire and warranty replacement reported in Amazon review...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree. Alot of fluff..only thing I like over say Redcats 150a is the 7.4v bec. So, if under $100 I'd consider it. Retail, nah.
This winter esc randomly turned off. Then one day it kept rebooting everytime i gave it throttle. And the most annoying of all brakes work when they want to. So i kept landing on my wing. I have it on video idk if i should post it or not

I wouldn't give up on Hobbywing because of an issue with one of their products. It's the nature of the business to not find out issues until an item has been used by customers for a while. I equate it to the first year of a new car: they often have undiscovered issues until they get out in the general public.

There's also a thing in the electronics business known as "infant mortality". It's the situation where a component fails early in its life for unknown reasons. There is always a small percentage of components that experience this, and most manufacturers replace the item without issue.

It sucks that some folks have had a failure with the G2 ESCs: hopefully HW will honor their warranty for current customers; examine the failure modes carefully; and implement any required changes in production to prevent future failures.

What good is all of this if they typically give people the run around. seems like both top esc companies have some really poop customer service when it comes to trying to force blame on customers.

Being an IT Engineer for a top fortune 500 company dealing with Cisco, HP, Lenovo, MS, and a number of huge equipment brands, all the big boys new hardware issues I support can be a PITA even for a $50B company... So not surprise when I hear this about HW

Agree! I have that fight too often, but it is baked in.

I wouldn't give up on Hobbywing because of an issue with one of their products. It's the nature of the business to not find out issues until an item has been used by customers for a while. I equate it to the first year of a new car: they often have undiscovered issues until they get out in the general public.

There's also a thing in the electronics business known as "infant mortality". It's the situation where a component fails early in its life for unknown reasons. There is always a small percentage of components that experience this, and most manufacturers replace the item without issue.

It sucks that some folks have had a failure with the G2 ESCs: hopefully HW will honor their warranty for current customers; examine the failure modes carefully; and implement any required changes in production to prevent future failures.

I'm familiar with infant mortality and new product teething issues as they relate to mass production, that's not my issue. My issue is how much effort and time it takes to get a warranty replacement (especially so in this case, being a fairly new product) and based on what I'm seeing often they flat out don't stand behind their products. All mfg's can have issues, it's how they deal with it that matters and HW sucks in that regard. So, yeah, I'll look elsewhere in the future when possible (and until someone makes a true rival to their Fusion motor/esc combo, I'm stuck with HW for some of my crawler needs/wants).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back