Hobbywing Max8 Problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCPropaganda

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hey guys I have a big problem and not sure what I should do. I had a wire for the switch on my hobbywing esc get pinched and I lost power to the esc. So I had no choice but to cut and solder the wires together. Well guess it did not work so well. First time testing it out the truck lost power and I saw a lot of smoke come out the lid. Is there a way to rig the switch up like how a castle system works. The switch on a castle is just a power and ground but the hobbywing has the set button on the switch. The esc is brand new and do not want to trash it. I wound up ordering a other esc for now as I am going on vacation and I need the Kraton ready to take with me. Any thoughts and help would be great. Thanks Guys.

no idea. I was hoping my wire job was the problem and that I can still save it. I think my solder job was a problem.

no idea. I was hoping my wire job was the problem and that I can still save it. I think my solder job was a problem.
Castle switches have 2 wires. A possitive and a negative. Hobbywing uses 3, so I don’t even think you can solder it together. Also judging some smoke came out, the esc is probably toast now ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back