Hobbywing Max8 V3 4274 2200kv Combo with program card

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slick2500

Anything will break if you drive it wrong enough.
Community Leader
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 3s
Do a lot of people order from them? I did a search and the reviews were not so good to say the least.

Do a lot of people order from them? I did a search and the reviews were not so good to say the least.
A lot of people order from them. I have placed numerous orders with them in the past, never an issue. @Jerry-rigged has ordered from them quite a bit as well.

And if you were looking at these reviews https://www.trustpilot.com/review/banggodd.com, that is for the website banggodd not banggood. And as far as I know banggodd is a scam site hoping to get lisdexic people mistyping banggood. This is the one for banggood. https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.banggood.com

Ok and do they do fairly well on shipping? Does it all come from China or does the rc stuff come from warehouses here?

Ok and do they do fairly well on shipping? Does it all come from China or does the rc stuff come from warehouses here?
Some stuff is stocked in the US but most seems to be stocked in China, the previous item I ordered from China took a tad over a week to arrive from them.

Yeah, I've ordered a lot of stuff from Banggood over the last few years... My thoughts-

Yes, they are legit.
Yes, the basic shipping is slow. and often does not have a tracking #. I will usually pick the cheapest Not Free shipping option. Of this is listed as just a "add tracking" but it will normally get it to you at least a week sooner.
Banggood does have a USA warehouse on the west coast, but most of their stuff is not stocked there - only the popular and long time sellers. If there is stock in the USA warehouse, the price is often wildly different. - up to 30%, sometimes more, sometimes less. Go figure. Shipping from USA warehouse to TX is still a week.

If you have a problem - They are pretty good about fixing issues, but realize the person on the other end of the email is #1 - probably reading your message thru a Google English to [whatever] translator, so be clear, no slang, no metaphor, if you can help it. and #2 - they don't know what our stuff is. Banggood sells everything from gardening tools, to phones, to RC hobby stuff, to fashon clothes, to sex toys. So don't assume they will know what a ESC is. Keep it simple, and make a video of the issue, and include a youtube link in with your email.

Thanks for all the great info!! You guys always know your stuff!

I don't know .... I am frustrated with Banggood, I had issues with some items and it took me 2 months to get a refund after fighting them with disputes and sending tons of pictures to them. I don't feel they give a crap about helping you. I rather spend more money and get something from A Main where I know they will give me good service.

If you want to save money and you are sure you wont have a problem with the item then go for it, if there is any chance of needing support I really do not recommend Banggood.

How do these esc's and motors perform compared to the stock setup? aside from throttle adjustability, if all settings are the same is it faster? Hard to think the stock setup can be beat. (Consider this question in context of being used for the track.)

I found out or it's actually not as fast as tekin other brands like hobbywing

and the throttle control is important.

I am concerned because there are no Hobbywing logos or branding on the ESC. This might be a copy

How do these esc's and motors perform compared to the stock setup? aside from throttle adjustability, if all settings are the same is it faster? Hard to think the stock setup can be beat. (Consider this question in context of being used for the track.)

The Arrma BLX185 is a neutered down Hobbywing Quicrun WP8-BL150. The Max 8 is a step above that.
BLX185 programming options.
1dsfgdrt3w45.jpg

Max 8 programming options.
af4as8d4gerdg.jpg

I am concerned because there are no Hobbywing logos or branding on the ESC. This might be a copy

Hobbywing supplies ESC's and motors for a lot of OEM's, and most of those don't have the HW logo. My guess is they had a over-run of the unbranded versions, and HW does not want to sell them thru their 'normal' channels without branding. So Banggood gets to sell them for a decent discount. ($50 off the Amain price)

I'm also wondering how that motor is. I might pick one of these up to throw in my slash. We will see if it is worth the price and hassle.

Now I need to decide what to put it in, the Outcast or the Summit neither of which has a HV rx so I can't take advantage of the 7.4v bec =(

I'm also wondering how that motor is. I might pick one of these up to throw in my slash. We will see if it is worth the price and hassle.
It will be a little bit faster than the stock motor do to the extra 150kv.

Hobbywing makes good stuff, a vast majority of the OEM escs and motors are Hobbywing including the Arrma BLX185 system.

Thanks to a nice dude on Bookface I now have a HV receiver.
20181108_204203.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back