Typhon Hobbywing motor + ESC for Typhon TLR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The previous generation of the XR8 had a 'SCT' - which was 4s, and the 'Plus' which is 6s.
They were both used for racing.

The new generation - released on february 2021 - is called 'Pro', and while it's 'only' 4s, it has those really nice timing features so it can be setup much faster than was done before on 4s.

I don't know the future, but i guess we can assume that Hobbywing will also come out with a 6s version of the 'Pro' (maybe 'Pro plus' or something?)

@Yonic - have you seen the photo on Hobbywing's revamped page?

XR8_Promo1_1024x1024.jpg

I think the current XR8 Plus is V2 based on the link to the manual:

V2.jpg

So it will be interesting to see what this V3 brings. I haven't seen any other information on this other than the image on the XR8 page.

I guess waterproofing the xr8 plus could be done? I was a bit worried about it not being waterproof.

Just picked up a used but mint XR8 Plus and a 1900kv combo for a sweet price to stick in mine.
what pinion for care free bashing? (BMX track racing against no one, lol, no tracks near me)

(just ordered a sensor cable for it)

D79EB97D-8157-4B9F-9BCB-D34F9DAA8B53.jpeg

Make sure it has the latest F/W. Use the HW BT adapter and APP.
Just picked up a 1900kv( G3 motor) combo XR8 Plus myself.
Need to check my F/W.

Can someone please explain me the difference between a sensored and a sensorless combo ?!?
I'm no expert on this is there are others far better...

The way I believe it goes sensored will give you that small pull on the throttle, and it will ease off slowly so you will not get the clogging (jerking back and forth) when doing the same with the sensorless like on the Arrma rigs. Sensored is great for crawlers when you need that easy trigger pull and slower, controlled movement. Good for speed runners as well to build up to speed slowly.

Heck, we have bashers....we pull the trigger hard, so we normally do not see clogging unless you have the wrong size pinion or motor timing has been changed. Bashers are good with sensorless we do not run the throttle in the lower range...well I don't.

I see it as Bashers = Sensorless. Crawlers/Speed runners = Sensored for the slower easy off the throttle when needed.

Others might can explain it better (y)

Yes sensor gives you better low speed control, but for racing i think sensor is important more for the advanced timing capabilities it gives, on the latest hobbywing you can get 50% more speed out of the motor just by playing with the timing, this is great since you can use a small pinion, and adjust the speed/temp you need for each track just by using the timing, instead of changing actual pinions

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back