hobbywing program card blx185

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rigcheck

smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast!
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Notorious
  3. Talion
  4. Typhon 3s
Hi guys Im sure ive seen this posted before but I cant find the thread. I have hobbywing program card and when i plug it into the blx185 esc the item numbers only go up to 5 and theres lots more printed on it. does it even work with the blx185? Basically Im trying to set the brake force, also Im sure i read on here the items don't correspond to whats printed on the card or have i dreamt it ? lol! anyhoo could someone point me in the right direction please
IMG_20200427_162739.jpg

I would think that wouldn't work. You can program the blx esc via the set button albeit cumbersome but I don't even think of plugging in my hobbywing programmer since the programmer and wifi dongle are configured to work with and recognize hw escs.

Use the manual and the beeping sequences, easier than trying to figure this out. There are no additional settings as indicated on the programmer.
The stock breakforce is sufficient and you will do front flips worst case. If that is not the case you need to calibrate your TX to the ESC (see manual) for throttle travel (and steering). If you are using the stock remote, make sure you in 100% mode, else everything scales to the percentage you've selected and breaking is minimal.

Hi guys Im sure ive seen this posted before but I cant find the thread. I have hobbywing program card and when i plug it into the blx185 esc the item numbers only go up to 5 and theres lots more printed on it. does it even work with the blx185? Basically Im trying to set the brake force, also Im sure i read on here the items don't correspond to whats printed on the card or have i dreamt it ? lol! anyhoo could someone point me in the right direction pleaseView attachment 77166
It only goes up to 5 settings as that is what's programmed with the BLX185. The manual will list what settings are under what number, use Item to change the setting option, then value button to change that setting. Click ok after each setting line is adjusted to your liking, then turn off the ESC, replug the fan and you're good to go. You might need a newer Program Card if your current one is working for you. I find the cards much easier then worrying if i hit the button on the correct beeps and noises.

It only goes up to 5 settings as that is what's programmed with the BLX185. The manual will list what settings are under what number, use Item to change the setting option, then value button to change that setting. Click ok after each setting line is adjusted to your liking, then turn off the ESC, replug the fan and you're good to go. You might need a newer Program Card if your current one is working for you. I find the cards much easier then worrying if i hit the button on the correct beeps and noises.
Thats the same as me. The beeps and noises
Yeah, I made a cheat sheet and taped it to mine to use with the BLX185. I use the included sticker to program my 2 max6's and max10 sct.
2019-0410-BLX185-ProgramCardSettings.jpg

2019-0410-HobbyWingProgramBox.jpg
Oh thats cool. Thanks a lot
Thats the same as me. The beeps and noises

Oh thats cool. Thanks a lot
Great ive now set the brake to 50%

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back