Hobbywing Program Card LVC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greyghost

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
new to hobby and was talked into senton mega V3 at LHS. i soon realized i needed more power, so i made the swap over to brushless with the hobbywing max10 sct. man this thing scoots!

since switching over to brushless, im now entering the world of lipo batteries and im getting a little lost in all the info. i bought the hobbywing program card and i cant for the life of me find the low voltage cutoff threshold values. the card just has the options: disabled, low, intermediate and high. i left it at the default (intermediate) and when i get home and storage charge my battery, charger says 3.6v. from all my research, im believe its safe to go down as low at 3.4v, correct? if so, i don't know what the program card low option cut off really is.

i only have one battery so far, a lectron pro 3s 50c 5200mah. i only run it on grass. i was getting about 12 mins in a field with medium grass to some sporadic thin single weeds. i was hoping if it was safe to bring the lvc to 3.4v, i might get a little more time running the senton. for comparison, i was getting close to 20 mins on the stock 3300 nimh battery.

or is this unsafe and wishful thinking and the safest easiest option is to just get more batteries?

also, from what i understand, my truck is going into lvc and not overheating because my batteries say 3.6v when i get home and i lose power EXCEPT steering?

when a rc goes into thermal shutdown, does it lose all power including steering?

new to hobby and was talked into senton mega V3 at LHS. i soon realized i needed more power, so i made the swap over to brushless with the hobbywing max10 sct. man this thing scoots!

since switching over to brushless, im now entering the world of lipo batteries and im getting a little lost in all the info. i bought the hobbywing program card and i cant for the life of me find the low voltage cutoff threshold values. the card just has the options: disabled, low, intermediate and high. i left it at the default (intermediate) and when i get home and storage charge my battery, charger says 3.6v. from all my research, im believe its safe to go down as low at 3.4v, correct? if so, i don't know what the program card low option cut off really is.

i only have one battery so far, a lectron pro 3s 50c 5200mah. i only run it on grass. i was getting about 12 mins in a field with medium grass to some sporadic thin single weeds. i was hoping if it was safe to bring the lvc to 3.4v, i might get a little more time running the senton. for comparison, i was getting close to 20 mins on the stock 3300 nimh battery.

or is this unsafe and wishful thinking and the safest easiest option is to just get more batteries?

also, from what i understand, my truck is going into lvc and not overheating because my batteries say 3.6v when i get home and i lose power EXCEPT steering?

when a rc goes into thermal shutdown, does it lose all power including steering?

Some batteries I run want it to come back at 3.7v. You want to stay above 3.2v under load - so 3.6 and change is a good ending voltage. The reason you are having a shorter run time is that you are running on a high drag surface (grass) and probably using a lot of throttle and braking. I would see if you can find some other terrain to get in the mix - dirt, gravel or paved paths etc. just to get some variety. I have also learned not to use as much brake as that also uses power and puts a strain on the drive train. I let it coast a bit more.

You probably can set it down as low as 3.2 and be OK but it will shorten your battery life somewhat. I would get yourself one more battery so you have a couple to cycle. What are you charging with?

1601318493759.png

LHS recommended this charger

i figured the grass played a roll in the battery life, but this rc is for my dog to chase, so it has to mainly stay in the grass or on a soft surface. i guess i was more interested if anyone had used the low setting on the hobbywing program card and if so, what was your battery cutoff voltage.

i knew going in i would need more batteries, but with all the $$ already spent in such a short period of time, i was hoping to hold out before needed another one so soon...wishful thinking i suppose.

I am running a Hobbywing ESC in my Notorious. I don't use the program card, but just program it with the switch button. Same result.

Are you doing "balance" charge program or using charge or fast charge?

I have 3 of the HW esc's and I set them all to intermediate. It's better to have your run cut short by the LVC than a pack puffing up on you because one dipped a cell a bit too low and hurt it. The difference in run time between 3.6 and 3.4 isn't a lot. Mine usually come off the truck from 3.4-3.6 on my 6S trucks with the max6. Haven't checked what they come off my max10 sct with, I run 3S on it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back