Hobbywing vs Castle Creations for Arrma Kraton v4????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTJox1

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I am looking to upgrade my electronics and motor. I'm a newbie and found HW and CC to be the standard for bashers! I'm looking at the CC- Monster X w/1515 (2250kV) motor OR HW Xerun XR8 plus w/4274 SD G2 (2250kv) motor?

What are some thoughts out there..why CC over HW?

Oh yeah, no comments about not going Mamba Monster X!!!

The 1515 combo is going to run hot. It’s a little small for a Kraton. I would assume the 2250kv motor would be similar. You should try to find something 2000kv or lower. ✌?

The 1515 combo is going to run hot. It’s a little small for a Kraton. I would assume the 2250kv motor would be similar. You should try to find something 2000kv or lower. ✌?
Good info...I found the HW setup with a 1900 kV motor. I know it will give me more torque, but will the decrease in kV have a noticeable decrease in top-end speed?

I am looking to upgrade my electronics and motor. I'm a newbie and found HW and CC to be the standard for bashers! I'm looking at the CC- Monster X w/1515 (2250kV) motor OR HW Xerun XR8 plus w/4274 SD G2 (2250kv) motor?

What are some thoughts out there..why CC over HW?

Oh yeah, no comments about not going Mamba Monster X!!!
I wouldn’t consider either of those an upgrade worthy of purchasing. You’ll see an increase in temps and not a noticeable increase in power and performance imo

For HW go with the Max6 esc and 4985 1650kv motor
For CC the MMX8S paired with the 1717 1650kv motor

I wouldn’t consider either of those an upgrade worthy of purchasing. You’ll see an increase in temps and not a noticeable increase in power and performance imo

For HW go with the Max6 esc and 4985 1650kv motor
For CC the MMX8S paired with the 1717 1650kv motor
Thanks for the info, I want to get a sensored system?

I have a dumb question, would the MMX 8 be too much power for the drive train, possible tear up diffs?? Just curious

Thanks for the info, I want to get a sensored system?

I have a dumb question, would the MMX 8 be too much power for the drive train, possible tear up diffs?? Just curious
No both of the systems I suggested will hold up fine. If you’re determined to run sensored go with the MMX8S and 1650kv 1717

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back