Kraton Hobbywing Vs Castle Vs TP Power

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys,

I just can't decide what would be the best upgrade for my Kraton...

I'm currently running a Hobbywing Max 6 on 6s, with a Rocket 4092 1650kv motor. To be honest it's actually a great setup, the motor was cheap as chips but I can get around 60mph on road, and 45mph on grass... No heat issues whatsoever.

However

I'm always on the quest for more speed, and would love to get 60mph on short grass. I just can't decide between any of these 3 motors. Which one would you pick?

#1: Hobbywing 4985 1650kv

#2: Castle 1717 1650kv

#3: TP Power 4070 2080kv (CM version is too expensive)

Thanks for any advice!
Hi guys,

I just can't decide what would be the best upgrade for my Kraton...

I'm currently running a Hobbywing Max 6 on 6s, with a Rocket 4092 1650kv motor. To be honest it's actually a great setup, the motor was cheap as chips but I can get around 60mph on road, and 45mph on grass... No heat issues whatsoever.

However

I'm always on the quest for more speed, and would love to get 60mph on short grass. I just can't decide between any of these 3 motors. Which one would you pick?

#1: Hobbywing 4985 1650kv

#2: Castle 1717 1650kv

#3: TP Power 4070 2080kv (CM version is too expensive)

Thanks for any advice!
I have the 4092 in my typhon ? and am happy with it ? good combo and enough power.

Well I got my exb on Wednesday ? and choose for the max6 with the hobbywing 4985 ?.
But to be honest I would have gone for the 4092 ? it's Just to much power in my kraton ? you need a wheelie bar ?.

I do have a 22t pinion in it ? didn't have 20t in stock ?
so I'm going to change that because this is not normal ?

I remember when I first got into the hobby, I was using one of these bad boys...

1597517706465.png

aIso anybody who is running a MMX8S, what is the maximum amount of amps you've seen it pull in the data logs? Probably not breaking 300+ like an XLX, but if it can put out more than 200a consistently ala Max5, call me sold, sold, sold! ??

My tp 4060 1750kv will pretty much always have 250a spikes on 6s bashing sessions when looking at the logs. The highest I've seen it peak out at is 300a.

That's over 6000w. ??

For reference, the top level Tour de France cyclists can peak out at 2000w while sprinting. My personal best is just over 1000w for 3 seconds. Wild.

My tp 4060 1750kv will pretty much always have 250a spikes on 6s bashing sessions when looking at the logs. The highest I've seen it peak out at is 300a.

That's over 6000w. ??

For reference, the top level Tour de France cyclists can peak out at 2000w while sprinting. My personal best is just over 1000w for 3 seconds. Wild.

No wonder my battery drains so quickly... Might switch back to my Rocket 4092, was almost as fast but double the runtime!

I just did a speed run attempt with my KEXB 1717 MMX8S 21T/50T on 6S and hit 60mph at nearly 3/4 throttle. Tires ballooned to an unsafe point and I couldn't get all the way on throttle. Some SRC tires could get me to 70+ I'm sure.
I run 22T/50T with identical system to you @jondilly1974 I might give the above a try ..?
Was that on road or off, also what wheels Backflip LP's or Copperheads..?

I run 22T/50T with identical system to you @jondilly1974 I might give the above a try ..?
Was that on road or off, also what wheels Backflip LP's or Copperheads..?
On road with copperhead 2 tires. I now have 1/5 GRPs and just waiting for the hardware to mount the adapters. Stay tuned.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back