Hobbywing warning!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
both my senton and my revo have been under water multiple times. LOL! Albeit, I no longer run during wet conditions that started about 3 months ago. And the traxxas has actually been sank in the ocean!
WTF??? oh.... I gotta hear that story ?

WTF??? oh.... I gotta hear that story ?
Here’s some interesting ones:
For the arrma I was driving it on a frozen lake with studded tires. It broke through the ice, thankfully before it could fall all the way in the driver side tires caught the ice so only the whole passenger side was completely submerged. I carefully walked out to where it broke through (it was closer to the land, that’s where the ice is the thinnest) walked to it, pulled it out of the lake (about 5 feet out) and ran it up and down the street 5 or 6 times at some 60-70mph to clear all the water out.

The revo has had many similar times. Sometimes it’s just a case of sliding off the road and cartwheeling into a retention pond. As for the ocean bath, I was running over at wildwood New Jersey on one of those beaches on vacation, then my radio lost connection, it sent itself a good 10 feet into the ocean, then oddly enough regained connection, I ran up and grabbed it, powered it off, rinsed it off with some fresh water, blew it out with a leaf blower, turned it on, ran it hard... no problems since. And this is all with an XO-1 mamba monster esc which isn’t the most waterproof thing at all... lol.

My revo could use a screw kit.

both my senton and my revo have been under water multiple times. LOL! Albeit, I no longer run during wet conditions that started about 3 months ago. And the traxxas has actually been sank in the ocean!
I just have no luck with bearings then lmao

To be fair, after the senton got submerged the bearings only lasted about 4 months and then I replaced them all... all EXCEPT the motor bearings lollll
Yeah well my motor bearings lasted less then a month. Lol

don't be sad @Peeeenuuutt lol I picked up the best bearings money can buy and am excited to see the difference.
Well that's what happens when hobbywing lies and says you have great bearings when they put in a bearing that would only be rated for technically 3s batteries

don't be sad @Peeeenuuutt lol I picked up the best bearings money can buy and am excited to see the difference.
Well that's what happens when hobbywing lies and says you have great bearings when they put in a bearing that would only be rated for technically 3s batteries
Sweet dude. I’m not gonna buy bearings quite yet because if they get sloppy I still have spares in this blown traxxas motor haha
image.jpg

That's always a plus. The hardest part was even finding the bearings for the 4985. They are a very odd ball size. Jims,avid and a couple others didn't even carry that size I needed. 6x19x6

And he still can't make it right to save face at this point????

This is the kind of service that makes me mad as a hornet. I wonder if they're bonused some how for talking people out of warranty claims. Either way, did you consider asking to speak with someone else? I know I wouldn't have been able to hold my tongue and would've immediately turned into a huge as**hole on that phone call.

This is the kind of service that makes me mad as a hornet. I wonder if they're bonused some how for talking people out of warranty claims. Either way, did you consider asking to speak with someone else? I know I wouldn't have been able to hold my tongue and would've immediately turned into a huge as**hole on that phone call.
Supposedly I am waiting on a call from the owners and engineers.. I have sent two emails asking when they will be contacting me over the past couple days and have had zero response.. I am assuming I am getting the cold shoulder. That's why I love horizon so much they understand sending a part that cost $2 to make will always guarantee future sales from that person.
They lost a customer. I should have waited for castle to get up and running again.

Supposedly I am waiting on a call from the owners and engineers.. I have sent two emails asking when they will be contacting me over the past couple days and have had zero response.. I am assuming I am getting the cold shoulder. That's why I love horizon so much they understand sending a part that cost $2 to make will always guarantee future sales from that person.
They lost a customer. I should have waited for castle to get up and running again.
welcome to the dark sideeee ? aka CASTLE! given, I still run hobbywing stuff and like it... lol..

welcome to the dark sideeee ? aka CASTLE! given, I still run hobbywing stuff and like it... lol..
Yeah I literally just checked and nothing in the castle inventory yet? the second they get stock I am changing up my system and putting this in my speed rig

Yeah I literally just checked and nothing in the castle inventory yet? the second they get stock I am changing up my system and putting this in my speed rig
Damn... I haven’t checked in awhile. I hope they make it out of that panic they have going on. I mean hey if you need an esc I have a one of a kind, PREMIUM addition, paperweight 2009 mamba monster 1 with 8 of the 36 FETS blown up and 3 puffed caps with your name on itt!

Damn... I haven’t checked in awhile. I hope they make it out of that panic they have going on. I mean hey if you need an esc I have a one of a kind, PREMIUM addition, paperweight 2009 mamba monster 1 with 8 of the 36 FETS blown up and 3 puffed caps with your name on itt!
Take my money ?

Maybe when they get some stock back they'll have some new offerings and specials for those that have been waiting. I'd like to try one myself.
What's the reason Castle has been out of stock? Are they making changes?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back