Hobbywing warning!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe when they get some stock back they'll have some new offerings and specials for those that have been waiting. I'd like to try one myself.
What's the reason Castle has been out of stock? Are they making changes?
I talked with one of their reps months ago. What I was told was that essentially there was a materials panic in China (where all their resources like capacitors and other electronic gizmos come from) and they’re scrambling to find a new factory.
What’s Treefiddy?
$3.50

I talked with one of their reps months ago. What I was told was that essentially there was a materials panic in China (where all their resources like capacitors and other electronic gizmos come from) and they’re scrambling to find a new factory.

$3.50
Get your own GD money!

$3.50

I see. Castle fabricates their products in the US though correct? Obviously they use imported materials like any would but for the most part they build here? I haven't visited their site in a long time but I recall being impressed that they bring it all together in the states...I think even Detroit but could be wrong. I'm standing in line at the beer store is why I'm not just looking myself...lol.

I see. Castle fabricates their products in the US though correct? Obviously they use imported materials like any would but for the most part they build here? I haven't visited their site in a long time but I recall being impressed that they bring it all together in the states...I think even Detroit but could be wrong. I'm standing in line at the beer store is why I'm not just looking myself...lol.
557285B8-C27F-4AA4-AEC6-D4F2E3AAB794.jpeg

Here’s some interesting ones:
For the arrma I was driving it on a frozen lake with studded tires. It broke through the ice, thankfully before it could fall all the way in the driver side tires caught the ice so only the whole passenger side was completely submerged. I carefully walked out to where it broke through (it was closer to the land, that’s where the ice is the thinnest) walked to it, pulled it out of the lake (about 5 feet out) and ran it up and down the street 5 or 6 times at some 60-70mph to clear all the water out.

The revo has had many similar times. Sometimes it’s just a case of sliding off the road and cartwheeling into a retention pond. As for the ocean bath, I was running over at wildwood New Jersey on one of those beaches on vacation, then my radio lost connection, it sent itself a good 10 feet into the ocean, then oddly enough regained connection, I ran up and grabbed it, powered it off, rinsed it off with some fresh water, blew it out with a leaf blower, turned it on, ran it hard... no problems since. And this is all with an XO-1 mamba monster esc which isn’t the most waterproof thing at all... lol.

My revo could use a screw kit.
This reminds me of my first nitro boat. I spent about 600.00 on the boat kit... Radio and of course a bigger out drive motor. Spent a few months building it and setting it up. Took it out to a lake and ran it for the first time. Lost communication with the boat (radio issue) and lost control of the boat. It slammed into a metal boat and sank (about 100 yards out) ? I threw the radio in the water and walked away cussing my a$$ off! At the time I was livid but now I laugh about it ????

This is why I’m confused as well. You can ask yourself and see what they say. The reason I know this stuff is because I gave castle my mxl-6s for a warranty replacement, and it took them 3 months to give me my replacement- they gave me the story when I asked why the hell it took so long.

Here’s an update- good news for sure:
View attachment 60909

I looked last night and noticed a few items in stock that I could want. Glad they're getting the show back on the road. I need to try one when I can make a bigger purchase like that. Fridge went out at the house so it has to cut into my hobby budget.

First off let me start by explaining.
I recently purchased the max 6 combo with the 4985 motor. If anyone following me would see I kept having temp issues even though it was a new motor in 30° weather in less the 10 min I would have to let her cool down. Recently she started to get loud and thought it was my spur wearing out as that is what it sounds like now... after replacing the whole center diff and mount it was still making noise. I removed the motor to inspect it. I spun it by hand and checked end play. All felt great. I powered it up and sure enough sounds terrible and was vibrating terribly. I too it apart to inspect everything and see the bearings that are "Japanese" are actually made in Taiwan. Upon further investigation I find not only did hobby sell a lie. The bearings they use are only rated to 20,000 rpm way to low. I contacted them and a nice honest guy called me back on this... hobbywing has been sourcing the manufacturing of their components outside of their facilities and in his exact words were sorry as much as we would like to we can't be there to over see the whole assembly process.....wtf!!!! So you mean to tell me these "genuine Hobbywing" products are no different the the knock offs??? So I asked ok send me some replacement bearings under warranty that are the correct type for the application.. nope bearings are not covered... so I catch them up on a lie, I let him know they are using cheap skateboard bearings not even rated for the rpm these run. And he still can't make it right to save face at this point???? So needless to say they lost a customer today solely on their actions to not rectify the situation. You all have been warned.
If anyone has this motor check your internals. I ordered these to replace them
https://www.bocabearings.com/products/smr626c-2os-7-nb2-18200
Hi i have jest ordered a hobbywing 4985 do you know if there are any ways to tell apart the the rubbish bearings from the 50000rpm good bearings .different id markings etc .it would be jest my luck to get a 4985 with chocolate bearings ?

Hi i have jest ordered a hobbywing 4985 do you know if there are any ways to tell apart the the rubbish bearings from the 50000rpm good bearings .different id markings etc .it would be jest my luck to get a 4985 with chocolate bearings ?
Yes by the markings on them they don't actually put a 50000 RPM bearing inside of them unfortunately the ones that say made in Singapore are the better ones but the ones you need to watch out for say made in Taiwan or made in China

Yes by the markings on them they don't actually put a 50000 RPM bearing inside of them unfortunately the ones that say made in Singapore are the better ones but the ones you need to watch out for say made in Taiwan or made in China
Thank you i will take apart the motor when it arrives and see what bearings it has .do you think the singapore bearings are up to the job .im in the uk and its $56 dollars for 2 of the boca orange seal ceramic hybrid bearings to be shipped here but thay sound like about the best available it seems a lot for 2 small bearings ?

It is a lot for 2 bearings. If you have money burning in your pocket sure lol they are the best money can buy. The Singapore ones will be ok. Just check on them and watch your temps often. You can tell when when they start to go bad by a temp spike

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back