Hobbywing "Warranty"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FINAL UPDATE

Hobbywing has determined that there is nothing wrong with the ESC and is returning it to me as is. BicketyBam's final determination: Max10 SCT is a hunk of sh!t. I would not buy this as an upgrade to the BLX100 ESC. Yes you will have more programing options and a better BEC, but performance will be basically identical to the BLX100. What a f@cking waste of money.

Sucks that the ESC is not what you expected but maybe you can sell on eBay and use your old blx150 ESCs paired with the HW motors.

I think Arrma needs to upgrade these 3s cars ESCs as I keep reading how crappy they are. These days we expect better, you shouldn’t -need- to replace them with aftermarket in the first place.

FINAL UPDATE

Hobbywing has determined that there is nothing wrong with the ESC and is returning it to me as is. BicketyBam's final determination: Max10 SCT is a hunk of sh!t. I would not buy this as an upgrade to the BLX100 ESC. Yes you will have more programing options and a better BEC, but performance will be basically identical to the BLX100. What a f@cking waste of money.

is there a video of your cogging the HW ESC? or is my phone being a pain and not showing me:unsure::unsure:

Official resaponse:

HW Guru CG (HOBBYWING)

Apr 9, 12:44 PM PDT

Hi Edmund.

Our RMA department has inspected the ESC on multiple levels. Please find the summary of the report.
You have submitted a total of 1 product.

=== RMA Summary ===

EzRun: Max 10 SCT ESC
  • Working Unit
  • Motor Runs strong ad no issue has found.
  • Return AS IS
Please advise checking the Motor. Damaged Bearing may cause motor cogging and well as ESC failures.
In addition, according to your notes in the past, you mentioned Castle ESC works better than MAX ESC.
Just for your information, Castle Mamba X is a sensored system while Ezrun MAX ESC is "sensorless system". Sensored system generally operates a vehicle 'smooth' while "sensorless system" isn't. If you are looking for a smooth/powerful ESC, XR8 SCT ESC or XR8 plus ESC will serve you better.

Please be advised, Any product design has basic limits, and any build can have problems to exceed those limits. Please take this gesture as a word of caution.

=== End Summary ========

I like their plug for the XR8, lol. And FWIW I was running the Mamba X is sensorless mode. It being a sensored ESC shouldn't make a difference. It's just a superior (and more expensice) ESC than the MAx10 SCT.

As soon as my BLX100 gives me any grief I have a Hobbywing QuicRun-WP-8BL150 waiting on standby...?

I'm running 18T with stock electronics and mine doesn't cog as bad as yours..?
Do you have instaile any motor fan..no problem with overheating? today i put hr motor mount and 18 tooth pinion in my granite blx...in next days i will try it..i'am not sure if i set correcty gear meash...weel see

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back